So not a hate crime?
(01-25-2017, 08:58 PM)Taem Wrote: That was a bit unnecessary, don't you think? Eppie has an extremely valid point about climate change. Swindle or not, I doubt he was attempting to derail this thread, but instead focus on the real issues affecting the world. Rather or not our contribution to co2 has caused the majority of these climate issues, or only part of them is irrelevant to the fact that our man-made problems have had a direct impact on the climate, one we can obviously help corral and control by not only curbing our co2 emissions, but by planting more trees world wide. If we can have a man-made effect on global warming (rather that is a large part or a small one), then we can also have a man made effect on reversing the changes, even if the majority of the change is proven to in fact be unrelated to man made pollutants. What is the real issue here? The earth is warming, the habitat areas for wildlife is being eroded and destroyed by logging, hunters, and poachers, etc. I saw your article on climate change and as I said, rather we caused all or just part of the effects, we can impact the climate positively as well if we work together as a unified society... however with people like fit spouting off their supposed and clearly maligned anti-racist (but actual racism causing because it doesn't even address the real probkems and serves to only further exasperate the real issues and stir up more hatred by name calling and finger pointing like a child ) agendas, we are at a point where idiots/fanatics like this ruin any chance to pull together and make a real difference to the environment. So no, I feel eppie comments are important to this conversation on many levels, if not completely pertinent to the exact context.

I do not consider people who think that global warming (or the newer term that suits them better due to the extreme cold conditions lately, "climate change") is the most important issue facing us, to be worth talking to. Period.

However, I also happen to think he was trolling.
(01-25-2017, 08:58 PM)Taem Wrote: however with people like fit spouting off their supposed and clearly maligned anti-racist (but actual racism causing because it doesn't even address the real probkems and serves to only further exasperate the real issues and stir up more hatred by name calling and finger pointing like a child ) agendas, we are at a point where idiots/fanatics like this ruin any chance to pull together and make a real difference to the environment. So no, I feel eppie comments are important to this conversation on many levels, if not completely pertinent to the exact context.

RolleyesRolleyes

You, as a blatant racist, who spews false ideological narratives such as 'reverse racism' are hardly in any position to be calling anyone else racist or an idiot. Me, or anyone else, confronting racism has nothing to do with having an agenda, but is simply being a decent, non-shitty human being. So yes, if me calling you and other racists out for being what you really are stirs up more hatred, so be it. Your idiocy in this post only shows your white privilege all the more. Your whole thought process is a farce.

Further, you using a genuine and serious problem like global warming to downplay racism really shows your true character (or rather, the lack of it). Racism is a REAL issue, regardless of whether or not global warming is real and substantially human-made (it is both of these things, but that is beside the point here). You downplaying racism by saying we should focus solely on climate change is not only political opportunism, it's also extremely tactless and only further demonstrates your inherently racist views and that you are, in general, a douche bag. You disgust me.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
If you can't post about a topic without attacking other posters, making sweeping generalizations/labels, or giving pithy one-liners, don't post. The Lurker Lounge isn't an echo chamber and people aren't always going to post things you agree with. Debate the topic if you feel you must, but be prepared to defend your statements without resorting to flaming. Last warning before temporary bans start going out because it's getting really terrible in here.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
*Edit* Nvm, I don't want anything to do with this thread anymore, which was trash from the moment it was created. But, I sent my original post in a PM to you. Although, I probably wasted my time since my other PM to you was never acknowledged at all.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
Climate change, and our proper response to it is important. It is a "left" turn ( yuk yuk) from the social struggles of "the lower classes". When, by mandate of Congress, you turn corn into fuel rather than food as a misguided ( pro farmer) attempt to be pro environment, who suffers from the lack of food?

I like wind, except for the bird kills and the huge chunks of ice falling from the sky. I like huge solar farms, but they also tend to roast the poor birds in flight. They call them smokers... Dreadful.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

(01-26-2017, 10:10 AM)kandrathe Wrote: I like wind, except for the bird kills and the huge chunks of ice falling from the sky. I like huge solar farms, but they also tend to roast the poor birds in flight. They call them smokers... Dreadful.

I bet they taste like chicken.