This should be alarming, right?
I am refusing to march in locked step with any of this nonsense. I don't like him, but it seems to be almost at coup d'etat levels of collusion in his opposition. What? We can't live with him, and the Secret Service won't let us shoot him so... grind him upon the political grist mill of "trumped" up allegations until they trip up Conway lying to Congress?

It seems pretty clear there is an internecine conflict within the Republican/Conservatives (I believe it was McCain, and friends who bought the "services" of Christopher Steele to smear Trump). There was planned opposition from the Democrats/Progressives, with big funding by Soros and others at least a month before the inauguration. An apoplectic press cannot keep up their charade of a shred of objectivity with a) their loose sourcing, b) shoddy fact-checking, or c) rush to lynching.

Every week I hear about a new conspiracy theory of a tangled oligarchic web of international criminals, bankers, and diplomats involving Trump, his properties, his family, his money, etc. It's just adds to the absurdity of a globalist billionaire seeking to support a scheme of nationalism to "make America great again".

What makes America great to me is the aspiration of being able to work hard, and raise a family in safety, and prosper.

Oh, and, [Image: Emma_Lazarus_plaque.jpg]
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

When you run on arguably the most hateful and unprecedented reactionary campaign in American history, and then you run your administration and govern based on said hate, you are going to have a lot of people who hate your ass. But I'm tired of people calling him a symbol of the "alt right". Let's stop with the euphemisms already and call him for what he actually is: a white nationalist.

The rejection of Trump is far bigger than Trump himself: it isn't just the rejection of him as a president in itself, it is the rejection of his archaic ideals and of a fascist America.

All the hate and criticism he is receiving, he has absolutely no one but himself and his self-appointed oligarchs to blame.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
(03-02-2017, 07:57 PM)kandrathe Wrote: I am refusing to march in locked step with any of this nonsense. I don't like him, but it seems to be almost at coup d'etat levels of collusion in his opposition. What? We can't live with him, and the Secret Service won't let us shoot him so... grind him upon the political grist mill of "trumped" up allegations until they trip up Conway lying to Congress?

I think you'll find that the number of people in the US that actually like him is a more of an minority than actually voted for him. I think if you take a look, a number of the people that voted for him voted along party lines or as an anti-vote against Clinton (similarly, there were those that voted for Clinton as an anti-vote against Trump).

Quote:It seems pretty clear there is an internecine conflict within the Republican/Conservatives (I believe it was McCain, and friends who bought the "services" of Christopher Steele to smear Trump). There was planned opposition from the Democrats/Progressives, with big funding by Soros and others at least a month before the inauguration. An apoplectic press cannot keep up their charade of a shred of objectivity with a) their loose sourcing, b) shoddy fact-checking, or c) rush to lynching.

I think you can probably go further than that. I think the whole reason Pence was added to the campaign is because Ryan and McConnell know/knew that Trump is going/was to do/done something that will get him impeached and the potential other Vice President candidates that he had around him spooked Ryan and McConnell.

As to sourcing, some of the sourcing won't happen unless the source's name is left off the record due to fear of reprisal in some way. Some of the other sources are showing to be false (and some have been retracted) while others seemed ludicrous at first, but are appearing to have some grain of truth (the dossier made by the former British spy and actions taken by various actors since that's come to light such as Putin's cleaning in FSS and the fact that a number in the FBI, CIA, and NSA are giving more credence now to said dossier).

As to the fact checking, yes, some has been off, but some has been spot on as well.

As to the rush to lynching, this happens from both sides of the media, those with a liberal slant going after conservatives and those with a conservative slat going after liberals (just take a look at the crap spewed by some conservative pundits such as Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity, and others concerning Obama and Clinton). So, it happens from both sides of the media, but problem is we've lost some of the great reporters and pundits that could be civil and explain why the other side is wrong (Walter Cronkite, William F. Buckley Jr, and others). The problem is, the media got changed in the early 2000s when Rupert Murdoch brought tabloid journalism mainstream and the media became more about news entertainment and less about reporting what actually happened.

Quote:Every week I hear about a new conspiracy theory of a tangled oligarchic web of international criminals, bankers, and diplomats involving Trump, his properties, his family, his money, etc. It's just adds to the absurdity of a globalist billionaire seeking to support a scheme of nationalism to "make America great again".

Trump could clear a good amount of that up simply by releasing his tax returns, yet he refuses to do so. The longer he refuses, the more people are going to think he has something to hide. It could be as simple as he's not as successful as he wants everyone to believe (he wants every to believe that his has $10 Billion, but according to Fortune 500 Top Billionaires he's not even on the list with the 500 spot being $3.3 Billion) or he could be in the pocket Russia due to loans he's taken out (because US banks refuse to loan him money due to the number of bankruptcies he's filed).

Quote:What makes America great to me is the aspiration of being able to work hard, and raise a family in safety, and prosper.

I can agree with that, although I would extend that to our descendants (beyond just children and grand children).

(03-02-2017, 08:37 PM)FireIceTalon Wrote: But I'm tired of people calling him a symbol of the "alt right". Let's stop with the euphemisms already and call him for what he actually is: a white nationalist.

What do you think Alt-Right is? It's White Nationalism taken to an extreme. It borders on outright racism.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
(03-02-2017, 09:53 PM)Lissa Wrote: I think you'll find that the number of people in the US that actually like him is a more of an minority than actually voted for him. I think if you take a look, a number of the people that voted for him voted along party lines or as an anti-vote against Clinton (similarly, there were those that voted for Clinton as an anti-vote against Trump).
I'd agree with your assessment.

Quote:I think you can probably go further than that. I think the whole reason Pence was added to the campaign is because Ryan and McConnell know/knew that Trump is going/was to do/done something that will get him impeached and the potential other Vice President candidates that he had around him spooked Ryan and McConnell.
Perhaps. Also, they may have learned from McCain's pick that it does matter, and adding a crazy to the ticket can tank your chances.

Quote:As to sourcing, some of the sourcing won't happen unless the source's name is left off the record due to fear of reprisal in some way. Some of the other sources are showing to be false (and some have been retracted) while others seemed ludicrous at first, but are appearing to have some grain of truth (the dossier made by the former British spy and actions taken by various actors since that's come to light such as Putin's cleaning in FSS and the fact that a number in the FBI, CIA, and NSA are giving more credence now to said dossier).
Here is another opinion; Paul Roderick Gregory: The Trump dossier is fake – and here are the reasons why.

"President-elect Trump has dismissed the dossier’s contents as false as has the Kremlin. Trump is right: The Orbis dossier is fake news.

I have studied Russia and the Soviet Union professionally since the mid-1960s. I have visited Russia as a scholar, as the head of a multi-year petroleum legislation project, and as a business consultant close to one hundred times. My first visit was in 1965 shortly after Nikita Khrushchev’s removal. I have a wide circle of friends and acquaintances in Russia, and I follow the Russian press regularly. I personally witnessed the creation in the early 90s of Russia’s giant energy concerns in the offices of the oil minister. I met with St. Petersburg officials in the early 90s but do not remember meeting then deputy mayor, Vladimir Putin. I have written and co-authored reports for the State Department, Congress, and the intelligence community; so I sort of know how these things work."

Quote:As to the fact checking, yes, some has been off, but some has been spot on as well.
All I can say is its really bad (aweful even), but not as bad as the WH "facts".

Quote:As to the rush to lynching, this happens from both sides of the media, those with a liberal slant going after conservatives and those with a conservative slat going after liberals (just take a look at the crap spewed by some conservative pundits such as Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity, and others concerning Obama and Clinton). So, it happens from both sides of the media, but problem is we've lost some of the great reporters and pundits that could be civil and explain why the other side is wrong (Walter Cronkite, William F. Buckley Jr, and others). The problem is, the media got changed in the early 2000s when Rupert Murdoch brought tabloid journalism mainstream and the media became more about news entertainment and less about reporting what actually happened.
I guess if they say it enough they'll make it true.

Quote:Trump could clear a good amount of that up simply by releasing his tax returns, yet he refuses to do so. The longer he refuses, the more people are going to think he has something to hide.
Or, maybe his birth certificate. Really? If he doesn't have to do it, why do it? It would clear up some things and probably unleash a Pandora's box of red herrings and media distractions. I frankly don't care about his tax forms. He's not presidential material, but do you think there's a smoking gun in there that will get him impeached? I doubt it. Maybe something embarrassing to wave his tiny hands around and about.

Quote:I can agree with that, although I would extend that to our descendants (beyond just children and grand children).
I'm lower on Maslow's pyramid of needs lately. I aspire for self actualization again some day.

Quote:
(03-02-2017, 08:37 PM)FireIceTalon Wrote: But I'm tired of people calling him a symbol of the "alt right". Let's stop with the euphemisms already and call him for what he actually is: a white nationalist.
What do you think Alt-Right is? It's White Nationalism taken to an extreme. It borders on outright racism.
I think it is reckless to imply racism where it may often only be selfish nationalism. The KKK is buoyed by this change in the political wind, but it doesn't imply the converse, that Trumpers embrace racism or the KKK. We know some do though.

I'm a Jewish American who worked with Steve Bannon. He is not a racist or an anti-Semite by Jeffrey Scott Shapiro
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

(03-02-2017, 10:43 PM)kandrathe Wrote: The KKK is buoyed by this change in the political wind, but it doesn't imply the converse, that Trumpers embrace racism or the KKK. We know some do though.

There's racists among every party and every race.

However, I wonder if most people understand that the KKK was the enforcement arm of the Democratic party for many years and was also founded by the democrats. I also wonder if people know that George Wallace, the 2 time Dem presidential candidate in the 60s, was a symbol of segregation and had close ties to the KKK.

Apparently, the fake news media does not:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/msnbc-mistake...epublican/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APlgEmnIHqM

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/...y-n2197213

Oh and this tidbit, which I enjoyed:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/42...ona-charen

There is a reason I don't watch mainstream news. It smells of commie perfume.
(03-03-2017, 05:54 PM)Ashock Wrote:
(03-02-2017, 10:43 PM)kandrathe Wrote: The KKK is buoyed by this change in the political wind, but it doesn't imply the converse, that Trumpers embrace racism or the KKK. We know some do though.

However, I wonder if most people understand that the KKK was the enforcement arm of the Democratic party for many years and was also founded by the democrats. I also wonder if people know that George Wallace, the 2 time Dem presidential candidate in the 60s, was a symbol of segregation and had close ties to the KKK.

You do realize that the Democrats (Conservatives) of the time when the KKK came about and the Republicans of Lincoln (Liberals) are the exact opposite of what they are now? The Dixie-Crats, as they were called, are now Republicans (Conservatives). Similarly, the Republicans of Lincoln are pretty much Democrats (Liberals) now.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

So how are people in the US think about his ties with the Russians...(Putin and mafia types).
And his minister who uses his private email address to send around confidential stuff (like Hillary did).
The fact that he almost doesn't pay taxes and he has lots of lawsuits against him still running.

This is all some information I pick up in the press here (both right and leftwing).
(03-03-2017, 08:20 PM)eppie Wrote: So how are people in the US think about his ties with the Russians...(Putin and mafia types).

I'm more concerned that people are defending Russia and Putin and not concerned on the actions of Putin and Russia.

Quote:And his minister who uses his private email address to send around confidential stuff (like Hillary did).

Hypocrisy at it's finest (one of my major pet peeves and when I notice I do it, I get even more mad at myself for doing). The fact that people that screamed bloody murder about Clinton doing it and then turning a blind eye on Pence doing the same.

Quote:The fact that he almost doesn't pay taxes and he has lots of lawsuits against him still running.

I still want to see his tax returns. He's the first candidate for the office of the President in the past 50 years to not release them.

As to the lawsuits, he's likely going to get nailed on some of them, especially the one being performed by the State of New York concerning his foundation. I'm waiting to hear the final report, but some of the information that has slipped out makes it sound like something criminal was done either by him or by his foundation for him (I remember hearing something about tax evasion).

(03-03-2017, 06:56 PM)Lissa Wrote:

You do realize that the Democrats (Conservatives) of the time when the KKK came about and the Republicans of Lincoln (Liberals) are the exact opposite of what they are now? The Dixie-Crats, as they were called, are now Republicans (Conservatives). Similarly, the Republicans of Lincoln are pretty much Democrats (Liberals) now.

Why should I realize that? CNN and MSNBC do not share your views on that subject, either. Otherwise, they'd not be of the opinion that George Wallace was a Republican.
Also, George Wallace was the Dem nominee in the 1960s. This is just slightly after the KKK was founded in the 19th century. Maybe the Democrats and Republicans flip flopped in the 1960s? Tell me, I don't know.
After all, I'm just a poor immigrant and I'm not familiar with your strange country.

(03-03-2017, 08:32 PM)Lissa Wrote: Hypocrisy at it's finest (one of my major pet peeves and when I notice I do it, I get even more mad at myself for doing). The fact that people that screamed bloody murder about Clinton doing it and then turning a blind eye on Pence doing the same.

The difference is, that Pence was not a pivotal part of a sitting US government, thereby not in danger of giving out government secrets. I understand that Indiana's State secrets are of vast interest to Rusisa and China, so you might be on to something here.

BTW, I also have a private email. Now I'm beginning to wonder if the state secrets of Northridge might be compromised. Good thing I saw your post.

I shall delete my email account immediately!
(03-03-2017, 10:50 PM)Ashock Wrote:
(03-03-2017, 06:56 PM)Lissa Wrote:

Why should I realize that? CNN and MSNBC do not share your views on that subject, either. Otherwise, they'd not be of the opinion that George Wallace was a Republican.
Also, George Wallace was the Dem nominee in the 1960s. This is just slightly after the KKK was founded in the 19th century. Maybe the Democrats and Republicans flip flopped in the 1960s? Tell me, I don't know.
After all, I'm just a poor immigrant and I'm not familiar with your strange country.

Err...what? How does the 19th century equate with 1960s? The 19th Century was the 1800s, the KKK was founded after the US Civil war in the 1870s or 1880s. 1960 was 20th Century.

As to the Democrats and Republicans flip-flopping, it happened over the course of a century from the US Civil War until the start of the Civil Rights movement in 1950s. The northern Democrats flipped relatively early with the southern Democrats (why they're called Dixie-Crats) didn't finish flipping until the 1950s/60s. One of the Republican heroes, Strom Thurmond, was a Dixie-Crat before he switched parties in 1964.

Quote:
(03-03-2017, 08:32 PM)Lissa Wrote: Hypocrisy at it's finest (one of my major pet peeves and when I notice I do it, I get even more mad at myself for doing). The fact that people that screamed bloody murder about Clinton doing it and then turning a blind eye on Pence doing the same.

The difference is, that Pence was not a pivotal part of a sitting US government, thereby not in danger of giving out government secrets. I understand that Indiana's State secrets are of vast interest to Rusisa and China, so you might be on to something here.

BTW, I also have a private email. Now I'm beginning to wonder if the state secrets of Northridge might be compromised. Good thing I saw your post.

I shall delete my email account immediately!

Ummm...they've already noted that some of the emails that Pence sent was to FBI concerning potential terrorist activity in Indiana. I don't know about you, but if you think Clinton's private email server was an issue and you don't think Pence sending sensitive emails from an AOL account, you're being a hypocrit.

Yep^^.

It's funny how most Republicans don't realize that, and like to use Lincoln as an example of their party because he issued the Emancipation Proclamation and ended slavery to make their party look good. Except, if Lincoln were alive today, he would unquestionably be a Democrat or liberal of some form. Today's Republicans, and most Republicans from 1960 or so onward, would have been Democrats back in Lincoln's day up until The Civil Rights era. Not that I am backing Democrats here though, as I think they are every bit as deplorable as Republicans are since both parties only concern is the preservation of private capital.

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
Lincoln was a Whig running as a Republican. If Lincoln was alive today he would still be a Whig. If you want a Republican, vote for John Charles Fremont.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
(03-03-2017, 08:32 PM)Lissa Wrote: As to the lawsuits, he's likely going to get nailed on some of them, especially the one being performed by the State of New York concerning his foundation. I'm waiting to hear the final report, but some of the information that has slipped out makes it sound like something criminal was done either by him or by his foundation for him (I remember hearing something about tax evasion).

I read one of his strategies was to not pay people (salary or contract) when amounts were below 100k because he knew that getting to court with a good lawyer etc, would be to expensive for those people.
Also because he is known to keep going in appeal so that these cases could run for years.

I still haven't understood why so many people voted for him and saw him as fighting against the elite.
Yes he isnt part of the intellectual elite but besides that he belongs to all other elites and he has shown time and time again het hates the poor and the working class.
(03-04-2017, 08:35 AM)eppie Wrote: I still haven't understood why so many people voted for him and saw him as fighting against the elite.
Yes he isnt part of the intellectual elite but besides that he belongs to all other elites and he has shown time and time again he hates the poor and the working class.

This.

Too many people cannot grasp that the only "elite" that matter are the economic elite, aka the capitalist class - whom Trump is both a part of and also represents. Voting in bourgeois elections is useless as it is, but to 'protest' vote, as America did in this last election, is even more useless and in this case, most of these people just ended up shooting themselves in the foot. I bet half his constituency doesn't even have the wits to realize that he looks at most of them with contempt and views them as being inferior to him and those in his class (both intellectually as well as self-worth); yet they'd probably take a bullet for him. SMH.

(03-04-2017, 09:48 AM)FireIceTalon Wrote:
(03-04-2017, 08:35 AM)eppie Wrote: I still haven't understood why so many people voted for him and saw him as fighting against the elite.
Yes he isnt part of the intellectual elite but besides that he belongs to all other elites and he has shown time and time again he hates the poor and the working class.

This.

Too many people cannot grasp that the only "elite" that matter are the economic elite, aka the capitalist class - whom Trump is both a part of and also represents. Voting in bourgeois elections is useless as it is, but to 'protest' vote, as America did in this last election, is even more useless and in this case, most of these people just ended up shooting themselves in the foot. I bet half his constituency doesn't even have the wits to realize that he looks at most of them with contempt and views them as being inferior to him and those in his class (both intellectually as well as self-worth); yet they'd probably take a bullet for him. SMH.

Yes. These things are usually alwyas put under a magnifying glass when it happens in teh US. And I am always the first to say we basically have the same things going on in Europe.....even in my own country. The major difference is that we never have the super-rich trying to become politically in the spot-lights.

I guess the US is in that sense much more like modern day Russia and China.
Nope, it's to be expected.

But that is okay. What you don't say can reveal just as much about you as what you do say.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Press is still writing stories about trump.
What is the problem here?
Some of you have, yet again, fallen for hysteria rather than reason.
He gives them something to do.
He gives stand up comedians pre made material.
An interesting sort of jobs program.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Ok guys we have a travel ban but there is some pressure to partly lift it.

Ok lets see, we are looking for some countries from which people now will be able to travel easier again......ok....lets see, I am looking for something safe.....something with not too many extremists and bomb attacks etc......ok.........Iraq, yes that's it.!!

Those Iraqi terrorists will be so happy!!
All those sucker islamic terrorists from Canada..bad luck. You can wait two hours at customs at some cranky customs officer....we from Iraq can now travel to the US without problem.
(03-06-2017, 06:22 PM)eppie Wrote: Ok guys we have a travel ban but there is some pressure to partly lift it.

Ok lets see, we are looking for some countries from which people now will be able to travel easier again......ok....lets see, I am looking for something safe.....something with not too many extremists and bomb attacks etc......ok.........Iraq, yes that's it.!!

Those Iraqi terrorists will be so happy!!
All those sucker islamic terrorists from Canada..bad luck. You can wait two hours at customs at some cranky customs officer....we from Iraq can now travel to the US without problem.
https://iraq.usembassy.gov/niv_visa-categories/b-2.html

Come for the tourism, stay for the fireworks.

Germany has the most accepted, least restricted visa in the world.

I am more concerned about this:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/27/us/27dungeons.html

A prisoner was banned from playing D&D due to the same stupid hysteria that descended in the 80's. Whether or not any foreigners are, or are not, allowed across my country's borders isn't anyone's business besides Americans. Quite frankly, you are all invited to take a long walk off of a short pier if you think you are entitled to come here.

Check out how Mexico and Australia handle immigrants.

The self inflicted wounds, like the above ruling, make me mad. It's just stupid.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete