Diversity Inherently Changes Culture
Culture Defined: the customary beliefs, social forms, and material traits of a racial, religious, or social group also : the characteristic features of everyday existence (such as diversions or a way of life) shared by people in a place or time

Diversity Defined: the condition of having or being composed of differing elements : variety especially : the inclusion of different types of people (such as people of different races or cultures) in a group or organization

So if we take a person out of their group and put them into a new group of diverse backgrounds, there has to be a new culture formed since culture is defined as a group.

While some elements of cultural background can be retained, it is impossible to retain everything. Over time, cultural elements will disappear as a new culture is formed in this new group.

It is my belief that advocating for diversity is equivalent to advocating for the destruction of culture. While this may not be the intent, it is certainly the result. Depending on the scenario and scale of the diversity, this can have small or large cultural ramifications. Also, changing the nomenclature from a "melting pot" to a "salad bowl" does little to change the fact that even one generation from the old country is culturally much different from the last.
(11-10-2018, 03:49 PM)GhastMaster Wrote: It is my belief that advocating for diversity is equivalent to advocating for the destruction of culture.

And also the creation of culture, by your own argument.

-Jester
(11-13-2018, 08:09 AM)Jester Wrote:
(11-10-2018, 03:49 PM)GhastMaster Wrote: It is my belief that advocating for diversity is equivalent to advocating for the destruction of culture.

-Jester

Indeed. I should have emphasized that the destruction is of the previous culture.
(11-13-2018, 01:18 PM)GhastMaster Wrote:
(11-13-2018, 08:09 AM)Jester Wrote:

-Jester

Indeed. I should have emphasized that the destruction is of the previous culture.

And the incumbent culture is itself the product of previous cultural destruction/creation. Advocating against diversity simply because it might change culture doesn't make any more sense than arguing for it simply because it will.

-Jester
In your title, if you used the word "change" rather than "destroy" it would seem to work better.
Up to you, your post.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete