P&P Roleplaying
Was curious if any other Lurkers were P&P Style RP'ers who were playing anything lately.

We have a D&D game that we play, and record that we're doubling as a Work "thing" where we plan to use the OGL (Open Game License) to build up materials for a 5E Manual. In the past we've done several other systems as a group, but I have to say that I'm having more fun with 5E than anything else we've played in a LONG time.

The only system I enjoyed more than 5E was the original Legend of the Five Rings D10 System.
Shoju.
Used to play WoW on Terenas.
Played PoE for a while, Guild Leader of the Lurker guild there. Back to playing.
Lover of stringed instruments, and the beautiful music they make.
I've played on Roll20.com, playing 5e D&D as part of the Adventurer's League. Was fun. Had to duck out due to family commitments, but feeling the itch again.
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
We're having a blast in 5E.

GojuKaine is playing a Halfling Rogue / Raven Queen Warlock
His oldest is playing a Drow Beast Master Ranger
His middle child will be joining us as a Wood Elf Cleric
My Daughter is literally playing the worst Healer EVER. She's a Drow Cleric that went domain of War and is far more interested in Smashing things with her Lolth Hammer than healing.
I'm playing A Half Orc Wild Magic Sorcerer... pacifist. Lots of Illusions and Intimidation, and only killing things that violate the code of the Deity he believes gave him his power. (He believes that the Orc Mother Luthic gave him his power after sparing another Orc in Combat)

We're having a blast, and every once in a while Palpy is able to join us as a specific type of Gnome we are borrowing from another 5e Compatible System. He's cursed to die a thousand deaths. We recognize him every time we encounter him. Every time, he doesn't remember us.

Coming up soon on our podcast, we're going to do a Dungeon Crawl Classics session, wherein we use their AWESOME (truly) Level 0 Character sheets, that are random, and all the stats are scratch off. You don't get to know what the stat is until you need to roll it, and then you can scratch it off, and see what it is. It should be hilarious.
Shoju.
Played PoE for a while, Guild Leader of the Lurker guild there. Back to playing.
I've been playing some 5e with my group, and enjoying it quite a lot. I'm a fan of lightweight systems over rules-intensive ones, but this seems like a good balance overall.

I started the campaign playing Zig Southwood, halfling assassin who multiclassed into shadow sorcerer after catching a glimpse into the shadowfell. Her arc ended (Cowboy Bebop style, almost) and I switched to a monk, Punt Volat. He's a bearkin, which is one my DM's homebrew races, and by way of flavour, a scholar of conflict.

The party also has Khalaan, a disturbingly naive dragonblood sorcerer, who has a tiny dragonkin familiar and now a level in warlock and a pact with an imprisoned (and almost certainly evil) dragon-entity; Annika, a dwarven light cleric who wrestles with the classic what-is-good vs. what-is-obligated, and also hits things with a hammer; and Aireen, an arcane archer pledged to the huntress, a dark fey power with an unknown agenda. (We have a lot of warlock-y things going on...)

I also enjoy one-shots, especially Fiasco, and occasionally Lasers and Feelings. I keep trying to make a game of Durance work, but it's never quite come together right.

-Jester
That party sounds like a blast.

As we've been world building for future books, and supplements that we plan to do (because when you own a game company, even D&D sessions are "Work" Smile ) We've done some one offs where in the DM just hands out sheets of new characters, and you get to learn things on the fly, and figure out the story / history / story points for stuff.

We have a couple of races that we are working on that will end up in our OGL material, as well as some monsters that we've brought through.

We too, like to keep it "Rules Light", and have house ruled a few things that we found to be a little tedious.

I.E. Most people we read online regarded Wild Magic as a tedious, not fun situation for the DM to keep track of. So, we've built it into my Sorcerer, that if he breaks his code (Pacifism with certain "Outs), I need to roll on the Wild Magic Table. Potentially, every single time that I cast for a certain amount of time as well. It's very much a function of the character's personality. It also helps us figure out exactly what my character's code "IS".

We are hoping to turn a few things that we've done into a 1 shot module for low levels. Because nothing says "Scare the party, and have them think TPK" like a Beholder encounter at level 3.
Shoju.
(12-12-2018, 07:25 PM)Chadvoluted Wrote: Was curious if any other Lurkers were P&P Style RP'ers who were playing anything lately.

We have a D&D game that we play, and record that we're doubling as a Work "thing" where we plan to use the OGL (Open Game License) to build up materials for a 5E Manual. In the past we've done several other systems as a group, but I have to say that I'm having more fun with 5E than anything else we've played in a LONG time.

The only system I enjoyed more than 5E was the original Legend of the Five Rings D10 System.
Been playing D&D 5e thanks to roll20 and my older brother calling me back in 2014 and asking if I'd join the old group. That old group was my buddies from High school (some of them) who I played with back in the 70's and early 80's before we all got sent to the four corners of the earth.
If you are trying to get a LL D&D 5e game going on roll20, I may be available. there is a game I am in that I think is about to implode. DM has three kids ...
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete