Battlenet and Tristr.am down?
Greetings to the community here. Some years ago i was an active Diablo 1 -Player and now i had the idea to play again on multiplayer via Battlenet, but its not working for me. I know about the issue with the 6112-port and made it free for my router, but nothing happened. Maybe i did it wrong? Dont know. I read on other forums, that Battlenet is likely dead in the moment and blizzard isnt supporting it in any way. Tristr.am is also not available for me. I cant enter this site. I would be glad if someone can give me advises. Thx
As far as I know Blizzard is no longer supporting bnet 1.0...the only way to play now is likely through other platforms such as Gameranger, Hamachi, etc. The end of an era I’m afraid ?

As for Tristr.am, I’m not sure what happened to it but last I had heard, its creators, Gore and Maggot, had lost interest in maintaining and paying the domain costs (especially since the community has more or less completely died) and thus have moved on. I’m guessing they have taken the site down permanently.

Rip Diablo. It will always have a special place in my heart mind and essence, but all good things must come to an end. I still have my chars; archived in cyberspace, to remain locked in a time capsule for all eternity as a memory of a time past.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
That is really sad to hear. Its a shame, that Blizzard is not supporting it anymore. So even Warcraft 2 is dead for multiplayer, since it also uses Bnet 1.0. Rumors said, that Blizzard "maybe" will take effort in this problem, but i dont think so. Its a dead game for them.

What a shame, i wanted to play PvP with you and Shade. :-)