MS Office 2010 / Windows 10
Okay, so I got so sick of W10 either automatically shutting down to do an update while I was in the middle of something (despite turning off every setting for W10 updates I could find on the internet), or restarting and booting into Linux when I left my computer alone too long so I straight up disabled windows updates in the registry.

So now, every time I boot up MS Office, 2010 edition, it says my product key is invalid. It annoyingly tried to install updates before leaving my computer frozen for 1-2 minutes each time I opened up an Office document, but I also disabled that in the registry, however I still can't get rid of the damn "Product Activation Failed" in red at the top of all my office programs for my very valid and working MS Office. Any ideas how to get rid of this with Windows update completely disabled in registry?
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
(06-25-2019, 09:10 PM)Taem Wrote: Okay, so I got so sick of W10 either automatically shutting down to do an update while I was in the middle of something (despite turning off every setting for W10 updates I could find on the internet), or restarting and booting into Linux when I left my computer alone too long so I straight up disabled windows updates in the registry.

So now, every time I boot up MS Office, 2010 edition, it says my product key is invalid. It annoyingly tried to install updates before leaving my computer frozen for 1-2 minutes each time I opened up an Office document, but I also disabled that in the registry, however I still can't get rid of the damn "Product Activation Failed" in red at the top of all my office programs for my very valid and working MS Office. Any ideas how to get rid of this with Windows update completely disabled in registry?

I use LibreOffice, however, if I was in your position I would try reversing the registry edits, restart, and run Baltagy's StopWinUpdates. It works great for me.
OMG I love you, lol! Wish I knew about that program months ago.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
(07-01-2019, 06:13 AM)Taem Wrote: OMG I love you, lol! Wish I knew about that program months ago.

Assuming your elation is because it worked, I am happy I could help!

It is so tough filtering through the search results for something to effectively disable windows 10 update.
1. The windows update blocking program works phenomenally well
2. I could not, for the life of me, find my old product Key for office 2010, and checking online, key's were rather expensive since 2010 is no longer supported, so I just bought 365 tonight. I had put it off for over a year fearing it'd mess up my old documents however, they are unmolested and in the exact same condition as before! I should have made the change ages ago, lol! Anyway, that fixed my "failed" product ID. I still don't know why my old key suddenly stopped working, but it does not matter to me now.