Continent Sizes
I don't suppose anyone here knows where I can find the true sizes of every continent as sized-based images or side-by-side comparisons? Like maybe Greenland would be the first on the row, going up to Africa, but visually each continent retains it's appropriate size? I'd like to use this information in creating a realistic continent sized map for a game. The distances and curves of the Earth are not important, I just need the continents in their true size, and I simply cannot find this online.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
(04-06-2020, 06:12 AM)Taem Wrote: I don't suppose anyone here knows where I can find the true sizes of every continent as sized-based images or side-by-side comparisons? Like maybe Greenland would be the first on the row, going up to Africa, but visually each continent retains it's appropriate size? I'd like to use this information in creating a realistic continent sized map for a game. The distances and curves of the Earth are not important, I just need the continents in their true size, and I simply cannot find this online.

So how precise do you want this?
You can find the land area's of the continents and the shapes. So if you have all those images you just shrink them or increase their size so that it more or less fits.
Or you buy a cheap globe and cut out all the continents and flatten them with an iron.

Are you making a board game?
(04-06-2020, 07:33 PM)eppie Wrote: Are you making a board game?

Precisely, and I wanted to use Photoshop to add layers. Yes, it's easy enough to dl images of each continent, however IDK what the appropriate sizes are. As you know, all 2d maps are wildly incorrect. There are some fun online maps to play with such as this one which clearly illustrate that continent sizes are known, so why can't I find images of them on a scale showing their sizes? You'd think it's be easy to find, lol!
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
(04-06-2020, 10:35 PM)Taem Wrote:
(04-06-2020, 07:33 PM)eppie Wrote: Are you making a board game?

Precisely, and I wanted to use Photoshop to add layers. Yes, it's easy enough to dl images of each continent, however IDK what the appropriate sizes are. As you know, all 2d maps are wildly incorrect. There are some fun online maps to play with such as this one which clearly illustrate that continent sizes are known, so why can't I find images of them on a scale showing their sizes? You'd think it's be easy to find, lol!

You probably want something using the AuthaGraph projection. It's a projection that you can actually fold into a fairly accurate globe. Getting images of just the continents using that could still be tricky but I think it will guide your google a little better.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
(04-07-2020, 09:24 PM)Kevin Wrote: You probably want something using the AuthaGraph projection. It's a projection that you can actually fold into a fairly accurate globe. Getting images of just the continents using that could still be tricky but I think it will guide your google a little better.

That.... was exactly what I was looking for!!! Incredible! I only have to adjust the continents using PS and I'm off. Thank you so much Kevin! You are a life savor (intentionally ironic misspelling, as I was never in any danger needing a savior Wink ).