With rumors flying...
...or a remaster of the Mass Effect Trilogy, I thought some people here who played it as well might enjoy the following:

One of the best gaming soundtracks (the trilogy as a whole) in history with so many moving pieces.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
This was great. A real shame we can't get more epic sci-fi story games like Mass Effect, but they're such huge gambles for a studio to take on due to their extreme expense. Rockstar can spend $100 million on a Grand Theft Auto game because they know they'll make that back and then some, but I'm sure Mass Effect: Andromeda cost EA a huge bundle.

I've heard the rumors of a remaster as well, and I can't figure out why it makes sense for EA to take it on. There's already a number of great mods out there to update the graphics of the trilogy and even some extensive mods to add actual content to the games that some dedicated fans have put together over the years.

Given the general disaster that was Mass Effect: Andromeda, just porting Mass Effect to a new engine such as Frostbite doesn't always mean that it'll be good. The facial animations and speech in that game were rushed and poorly done.

Now maybe they'd give it the Final Fantasy VII Remake treatment and basically make a "new game" based off events of the Mass Effect trilogy. Who knows?
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Thanks for that. I forgot how good some of the music was.

I actually just got done playing around with Andromeda, picked it up on a sale for like $3. For that price it was an awesome game. Sure it wasn't up the same standards as the other three (all of which I have hundreds of hours of playtime on each). So I'm a huge fan of the series. Made a few mods myself, though never released them to the wild.

I was excited by the rumors of a remaster, but I agree with Bolty. I'm not sure what the market is. Sure it would be nice to have them tuned up. Especially the original as there are some limitations with that engine even with mods. Going to Frostbite even considering how it worked for other games and with the last patch for Andromeda doesn't seem like it would be completely safe as Bolty pointed out already. Patched up Andromeda was mostly fine, it wasn't any worse than any of the others as far as animation bugs, though the voice acting for every character except the Ryder twins was far inferior, so that didn't help matters even when they fixed the animations.

This isn't even like the huge success that the Halo remastering has been. That has been awesome because it finally brought the games back to the PC. Since I haven't had a console since the original XBox I'm one of those people that has been loving playing the games I didn't have a chance to. Of course the MCC is doing well in part because of the multiplayer community too.

I don't see a ME remaster hitting a new platform. While multiplayer in it was fun, and Andromeda still has a viable multi community, that won't be enough to justify a remaster.

I'd love a FFVII remaster situation for the ME games. I don't know if that would be the case though, part of Andromeda's problem was lack of content. ME2 and ME3 were thin at points before the DLC as well. New content in remaster just doesn't feel like the EA way. Maybe they figure they made enough on the DLC train with the previous titles, that they might be able to go that route again. Andromeda was clearly set up to get a bunch of DLC but they pulled the plug so fast it never happened, it's how EA operaters.

Sure I'd buy it, eventually (I almost never get brand new games, unless it's like Chimera Squad and was $10 at launch). But I worry that there isn't a big enough audience and if there is another failure in the ME universe then it would be dead forever.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Official announcement:

https://blog.bioware.com/2020/11/07/happy-n7-day-4/
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.