Happy Anniversary Lurker Lounge
Quote:It's been 9 years, Lurkers!
My old bookmark still says "Bolty's Diablo Strategy Central" from way back when.

And those old forums... they make my eyes bleed to try and follow now, but that was there was back then and we liked it!
Quote:My old bookmark still says "Bolty's Diablo Strategy Central" from way back when.
That is seriously, seriously hardcore. On many levels...you've kept the same bookmarks for 7+ years?

Also, to Trevan: it's astounding what you forget over time until someone reminds you. The "use Orb" story brought me so many laughs back then. Someone please find it. :) And US? ELITIST? Nahhhh...

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:Also, to Trevan: it's astounding what you forget over time until someone reminds you. The "use Orb" story brought me so many laughs back then. Someone please find it. :) And US? ELITIST? Nahhhh...

-Bolty

I looked so hard everyonce in a while over the past few years. I really wish I had saved it. I think it was the N54 forums, but I don't recall too clearly. I do remember that pretty much all of Jonathan_Spectres stories were hilarious, but I can sadly only recall that one. Actually, I wish I had saved *all* of them!
Quote:Also, to Trevan: it's astounding what you forget over time until someone reminds you. The "use Orb" story brought me so many laughs back then. Someone please find it. :)

I spent a while looking for a copy of that story and couldn't find it. I think it's gone forever:(
Quote:I spent a while looking for a copy of that story and couldn't find it. I think it's gone forever:(

I hope not. I just looked page by page for 350 pages in the N54 forums though and couldn't find it. I was searching the term Jonathan Spectre, so if he used any other name I would have missed it. I also browsed old news to see if Bolty posted it on the front page, but I couldn't find anything else. Maybe i'm crazy and it wasn't JS haha.

Maybe I should just dig up the "Pete is a robot" thread.
Quote:That is seriously, seriously hardcore. On many levels...you've kept the same bookmarks for 7+ years?
[Image: old.jpg]

I upgraded my bookmarks about 1 year ago or so as they got out of hand (I had hundreds of links across multiple games and sites, most of which are long dead). Rather than sort them out, I just revisited and created anew. It's much cleaner now. I would edit the location, but never the name. The old address from Penn State (I think?) stopped working around early 2001, which is the last time I edited it (February 15th at 6:39AM to be precise ;-) ). Some of the links go all the way back to 1998 (when I got my first "modern" Windows computer). I just copy and paste links over whenever I back up a computer =)

I kept the old ones around in case I ever want to revisit and see what is still alive and what isn't (under an "old" tab) so technically I still have all of them ;-)