GoGo Gadget Government
Here in Naples, like many other communities, there have been some economic "challenges." In response, the local school board is contemplating dumping all of its custodial staff and replacing them with outsourced persons. Interesting proposition, in that outsourcing rarely seems to lead to any money savings. Here's the catch. The School Super. is a recent import from Rockford, Ill. After being hired here, he brought two of his henchmen from Rockford, Ill. to Naples (He gets $170K/year, they get $140K/year). Guess where the outsourced services are coming from... Rockford, Ill. who'd have thought it?:P

Other related info: A few of the local high schools created a "journalism" class that based grades on advertising sales performance (or at least that was the claim). Show up with a check for ~$500 (or so), and you had an "A." Damn, why didn't they have those classes when I went to school...
I was going to make a cheap jibe at the Italian government, then the lightbulb clicked on.

As to the journalism class, I can hardly see any fault in that curriculum. It's all highly pertinent to the world today, is it not? Do you get extra credit if you happen to be photogenic as well?
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
I was born in Rockford, can you get me his number? I really need a job.