How To setup Hamachi for Diablo 1
Okay, so I need instruction on how to setup IPX games using Hamachi.
I have the server name up with password etc..
I don't think a Hibachi can run Diablo, although it could certainly emulate the deepest levels of Hell.
The error occurred on line -1.
Quote:I don't think a Hibachi can run Diablo, although it could certainly emulate the deepest levels of Hell.

That sounds very coaled.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Quote:That sounds very coaled.

I am almost positive it can, many people ahve done it supposedly.
but is there anyother programs that would work with IPX games?
Quote:I am almost positive it can, many people ahve done it supposedly.
but is there anyother programs that would work with IPX games?

Re-read what Zippyy posted.;)
Quote:Okay, so I need instruction on how to setup IPX games using Hamachi.

This really needs to be moved to the Diablo 1 forums. Yes there is a way. Utilize the Search function these boards offer - your answer is already waiting for you there.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Quote:Re-read what Zippyy posted.;)
The surgeon general recommends never reading my posts.
The error occurred on line -1.
Quote:This really needs to be moved to the Diablo 1 forums. Yes there is a way. Utilize the Search function these boards offer - your answer is already waiting for you there.

I posted there too.
I've read almost every guide on this forum, and numerous other guides..
It still isn't working.. I need a specific up to date guide on how to do this,
because there are new updates for hamachi and patches for Hellfire
Quote:I posted there too.
I've read almost every guide on this forum, and numerous other guides..
It still isn't working.. I need a specific up to date guide on how to do this,
because there are new updates for hamachi and patches for Hellfire
Are you The Smiling Hobo?

First of all, forget using IPX as a routing protocol if you could instead use TCP/IP. If you need to use IPX, then ensure that all devices are using the same IPX protocol.

Using GoogleFu; I found...

"You may need to open the port that is going through to the global internet. Diablo1 doesn't need to access the net though so for it don't worry about opening ports. Go start-settings-network connections-right click hamachi click properties. Make sure there is an IPX protocol in the list and that its ticked. Then someone try hosting a LAN game not an internet one, if you still can't see games this is what you do (for any game that doesn't like 2 network cards)

1) Log into hamachi
2) go to network connections and DISABLE your other network connection (this will drop you from the net, don't disable hamachi or touch the program though)
3) now start the game and host
4) alt tab out and enable your network connection again, after a few seconds hamachi should automatically reconnect and your net will be back up

Clients should not have to do this, it depends on whether the game searches on all network cards or just the first 1 it finds. If they still can't see the game do the same but for step 3 get to where it searches for games then tab out re-enable and when hamachi reconnects they should be able to see the game.

Make sure no one has a firewall running. If it still does not work then the game doesn't support searching on a 5.x.x.x address (or doesn't support IPX over hamachi)"

The main thing is that before you even attempt to connect games, you've ensured that you can all ping each other the IPX protocol through Hamachi. Networking is a 7-layer bean dip. You need to start at the base and work your way up.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Hi,

Quote:Networking is a . . . dip.
Truer words were never spoken :lol:

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Okay, you have to obtain a version of Hamachi that excepts Ipx. Do not go with the latest version of Hamachi.I would go with any of these if you wanna host your own server. After you install that you have to do what the fellow Lurker's conveyed in the manual that they compiled or you could look here
that is pretty much what you would need to know to get the server off the ground kudos to these chaps. And if all else fails you could just join this server oh and no problem.:)I would love to play sometime IM me.
Magicalchampster@yahoo.com
-Magicalchampster!
-Magicalchampster
Quote:That sounds very coaled.
it can run it .. Diablo works fine with hamachi you have to get a certain version of hamachi though..
-Magicalchampster

Okay this is how you do it.

Step 1) download right version of Hamachi Here then when installing make sure you do not, and I repeat do NOT check the windows secure thingy when it asks you during the setup. checking this will disable anyone from joining up.

step 2) forward any ports if you have a router of any kind , make sure you follow what this website says exactly

(note: pick your router then pick diablo on the next page.. really simple, you might have to put your modem if your modem has router capabilities in full bridge mode.. i had to speedstream 4200 by holding in the pen hole reset for four secs. then setting up the pppoe thingy in the router. keyword might..)

Step3) install Ipx under xp look here
then make sure that you untick the ipx on all connections except hamachi and you should be good.)
(note: to untick just right click the connection(S) that are not hamachi and then goto properties then to IPx or somthing to that effect then uncheck it then Press "close" okay just make sure there is no check mark in the box except hamachi...

Step 4) tell everyone who wants to join to do steps 1-3 .. then create a game while hamachi is running and have fun..

if you have any and I mean any questions about this IM me yahoo: Magicalchampster@yahoo.com

Msn: magical_sword_champ@hotmail.com
*Ps I would love to play diablo with you..so please IM me..:)
-Magicalchampster