questions to refresh my rusty memory
I've been using my using my friends computer to play diablo, as I don't have the internet myself right now 'and I've been hitting the 'inset prt sc' button, which i had assumed to be the the print screen button on this very compact piece of ...anyway it doesn't seem to be working as I'm not acumulating pictures in my folder so what now?

I'm wondering also if I save my diablo character files, and cannot play diablo for 3 to 6 months can I revive them by changing their name or my account? I forget how this is done.
Quote:anyway it doesn't seem to be working as I'm not acumulating pictures in my folder so what now?
Chances are there's another button on the keyboard (probably with "Fn" written on it) that you have to use to toggle the button between Insert and Print Screen.

Quote:I'm wondering also if I save my diablo character files, and cannot play diablo for 3 to 6 months can I revive them by changing their name or my account? I forget how this is done.
If you don't play a Diablo character on bnet for that long, all record of it will be removed (the character will be fine, since it's stored on your hard drive). You just need to make a new account again, which can be the same name as the old one.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
It seems on the laptop I'm using the only way to get a screen shot is holding the FN key while hitting the prt Scn button

good thing I figured it out cause I got a full plate off blackjade this morning and got the screen shot for it.

Awesome Plate of Giants
69 AC, 140% with +19 str

first awesome full plate with a suffix I ever got! I assume they must be rare or i've been unlucky

Quote:It seems on the laptop I'm using the only way to get a screen shot is holding the FN key while hitting the prt Scn button

Ahh, yes, laptops have limited number of keys and tend to use keys for multiple functions. Thus they have added the "Fn" key to give extra functionality to other keys.

Congrats on the drop by the way!
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Quote:good thing I figured it out cause I got a full plate off blackjade this morning and got the screen shot for it.
If you'd read my last post, you'd have figured it out over a week ago.:P
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
I know I need to go through your guide again, but if you might be visiting Griswold's Shop again long enough to see my reply just how lucky was my find?

Bolty's guide says Awesome full plates with Suffix's are extremely rare, and maybe I'm answering my old question here, but in all my years playing (granted off and on) I've never found one until now. And on a random laz run, playing for a few minutes.

I might add that I picked up a suit of armor on a stand (in level 15) moments before that was somewhat similar. It was a Saintly Full plate of Giants with a 60 AC base. Sometimes it seems the computer generates 2 or more items very alike in a game.

I was also wondering, since I havn't played in a year or two (up until a couple weeks ago), I don't remember keeping my stuff when I died in Lazorous room. I also can't always seem to find an armor stand in level 15 anymore and I thought that it always had one.

thanks

Quote:Ahh, yes, laptops have limited number of keys and tend to use keys for multiple functions. Thus they have added the "Fn" key to give extra functionality to other keys.

Congrats on the drop by the way!
Sorry Lenny. I did read it and being a computer dummy i just kept pounding the FN key and the prt sc button and eventually I did get a screen shot but I wasn't sure how. I got desperate when I found a that awesome plate cause who knows if I would find another.

So i held it in. *duh* on me:P

Quote:If you'd read my last post, you'd have figured it out over a week ago.:P
Depends on whether you want an answer regarding mere numbers or useability. In either case I'd say it's a rather lucky find, quite rare and all that. The +AC% aren't that bad, the +str is almost maximum. But then again, there's the problem that it adds "only" strength (+all or +life might be more useful, depending on one's playing style, prefences and all that) and that the plate's base AC is rather low, resulting in a lower AC total which might be a problem for a warrior if he is to have high AC but no AC shield. <insert further minmaxing babbling>

Summary: It's a rare drop, at least a decent item and, depending on your style, might be very useful or not. Each to his own and all that.
Array
Let me elaborate on what Sheep said... it's called humour.[/quote]
thanks. I admit I wish it were 'of stars' or life giving or even sorcery. Who knows, maybe in the weeks and months to come I will be lucky enough to find another but beggers can't be chosers. I had an awesome full plate with once before with a base of 73 I think, but no suffix. I also had 2 obsedian/zods, sadly gone. I've never found one since my first character.

Quote:Depends on whether you want an answer regarding mere numbers or useability. In either case I'd say it's a rather lucky find, quite rare and all that. The +AC% aren't that bad, the +str is almost maximum. But then again, there's the problem that it adds "only" strength (+all or +life might be more useful, depending on one's playing style, prefences and all that) and that the plate's base AC is rather low, resulting in a lower AC total which might be a problem for a warrior if he is to have high AC but no AC shield. <insert further minmaxing babbling>

Summary: It's a rare drop, at least a decent item and, depending on your style, might be very useful or not. Each to his own and all that.