Need Help with my Inventory
Hi,

My brother has a small ebay store for paper money [US dollar bills]. I want to help him maintain a simple Inventory Control system based on a Serial number [L12345678A], a Series number [2003A] and a Multi Category list [Radar] [Star notes] etc. I want to be able "Locate" an Item by Number 12345678 or Close to that number in the Inventory.

I hope my terminology is clear?

Ebay inventory control Sample: Ebay Store

Some Freeware: Listing of Inventory Systems in Business & Productivity Tools

Thanks in Advance for any Help :D

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
Hi Jim,

Quote:. . . I want to help him maintain a simple Inventory Control system based . . .
There probably are such systems commercially available, but I'm not familiar with them. However, except for the 'close to' part of the search, it sounds like a flat file database program will do the job for you. For that kind of thing, I've found that ListPro does an excellent job. Yes, it is intended for hand helds but you don't need to run that part of it. It has a full desktop application that is a pretty good flat file database in its own right. I've been using ListPro for books, boxes in storage, recipes, films and TV, shopping lists, etc., for about five years now, and it has performed well. For $30, it may be worth your time to check it out, especially since you can download a 30 day free trial and see if it'll do the job for you.

Good luck,

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply...Very nice App. I think he is going to go with:

Quote:CurrencyManage
Listings for over 18,200 varieties of US and Canadian Paper Money, complete with hi-res images.
Use our amazing new eBay™ search feature to quickly search current (and completed) paper money auctions.
Accurate values for all US Paper Money in several grades.
Indexed by Friedberg Number
Includes Confederate Money, Fractional Currency & MPC
Quote:Hi Jim,
There probably are such systems commercially available, but I'm not familiar with them. However, except for the 'close to' part of the search, it sounds like a flat file database program will do the job for you. For that kind of thing, I've found that ListPro does an excellent job. Yes, it is intended for hand helds but you don't need to run that part of it. It has a full desktop application that is a pretty good flat file database in its own right. I've been using ListPro for books, boxes in storage, recipes, films and TV, shopping lists, etc., for about five years now, and it has performed well. For $30, it may be worth your time to check it out, especially since you can download a 30 day free trial and see if it'll do the job for you.

Good luck,

--Pete

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.