Monsoon season for the hard core gamer...
[Image: nSDMI.jpg]

There is just something wrong with active power outlets in that kind of environment.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

A people who live in that kind of environment are probably savvy enough to build homes so that the electrics are never lain low to the wall.

'Lain'. :huh:Is that the proper word in this context, or is it 'laid'?
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Hi,

Quote:'Lain'. :huh:Is that the proper word in this context, or is it 'laid'?
I think 'laid' -- 'lain' goes with 'lie' as in 'lie down', 'laid' goes with 'lay' as in 'lay bricks'.

M-W goes on to say:
usage: lay has been used intransitively in the sense of “lie” since the 14th century. The practice was unremarked until around 1770; attempts to correct it have been a fixture of schoolbooks ever since. Generations of teachers and critics have succeeded in taming most literary and learned writing, but intransitive lay persists in familiar speech and is a bit more common in general prose than one might suspect. Much of the problem lies in the confusing similarity of the principal parts of the two words. Another influence may be a folk belief that lie is for people and lay is for things. Some commentators are ready to abandon the distinction, suggesting that lay is on the rise socially. But if it does rise to respectability, it is sure to do so slowly: many people have invested effort in learning to keep lie and lay distinct. Remember that even though many people do use lay for lie, others will judge you unfavorably if you do.

[/grammar nazi];)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Maybe its because its early but I had to look at that picture for a couple seconds to see it. At first I just saw the humidity on the walls and such. Then I noticed their legs were going into the "brown floor".:ph34r:

Also it looks like their power outlets are in the upper left of the picture toward the ceiling. Still...