Amazon with Aura shooting Bolts
I was partied with an amazon in nightmare who was level 76 and had a golden aura beneath her. We were traveling in River of Flame and I assumed she had on M'avina's set, however she was shooting bolts, not arrows! She was strafing but I could not see rather she was using a bow or xbow because the graphics just showed her bare-handed firing; maybe it's a runeword?

Also, in Nightmare, I killed Talic with my level 76 paladin... and died to his fire explosion. I was pretty upset because I had exactly 91% fire resist (Guardian's Angel and Inferno Stride boots) and 741 life at the time, but no Fire Absorb. I may have taken a little damage before he exploded, but I was definitely over 75% healthy and was not cursed at the time. I suppose there is a very small chance that I got cursed at the last moment when he died, however I find this highly unlikely since the other two ancients were already dead and I don't remember Talic having the curse property. My question is how much fire damage does Talic do when he 'explodes'? And on the off-chance I was cursed, how much damage would this have been - or to cut to the chase, was it enough damage to have killed me assuming at a very minimum 556 hit points (down 75%)?
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Heiho,

in a shortened description, if your char meets requirements of equipment only via equipment itself (including charms), other players won't see all of the gear. So it was a M'Avinazon who met requirements for the bow just via equip/charms.

FE is buggy, still especially in NM. Also multiple enchantments will really wipe the floor with your entrails, since the enchanted boss' death events will be triggered multiple times. You won't stand a chance in these circumstances.
so long ...
librarian

Check out some peanuts or the
Diablo II FAQtoids
current status: re-thinking about HoB
Quote:Heiho,

in a shortened description, if your char meets requirements of equipment only via equipment itself (including charms), other players won't see all of the gear. So it was a M'Avinazon who met requirements for the bow just via equip/charms.

FE is buggy, still especially in NM. Also multiple enchantments will really wipe the floor with your entrails, since the enchanted boss' death events will be triggered multiple times. You won't stand a chance in these circumstances.

>Then she must have been firing arrows :wacko:. Maybe the gfx on an arrow look different when someone is shooting at 2fps.

>Okay wait, so if Talic was Fire Enchanted and Lightning Enchanted when I killed him, his fire explosion would go off twice? I know he had something other than fire, and I'm almost 100% sure it wasn't cold so it must have been lightning. I don't believe he was cursed.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Heiho,

>> Then she must have been firing arrows <<

your client engine doesn't know if it's a bow or an xbow the other one is wearing, due to requirements being met only via equipment.
I think your graphic engine just displays bolts as a default then, I'm a bit out of touch here.
http://www.mannm.org/d2library/faqtoids/...html#eqord

>> Okay wait, so if Talic was Fire Enchanted and Lightning Enchanted when I killed him, his fire explosion would go off twice? <<

yes.
If you want to read deeply techie stuff, check out this one
http://phrozenkeep.planetdiablo.gamespy.co...p=310907#310907
so long ...
librarian

Diablo II FAQtoids
Quote:>> Okay wait, so if Talic was Fire Enchanted and Lightning Enchanted when I killed him, his fire explosion would go off twice? <<

yes.
If you want to read deeply techie stuff, check out this one
http://phrozenkeep.planetdiablo.gamespy.co...p=310907#310907

Grrr, well if Nefarius can do it in a mod, why can't Blizzard? How long has this bug existed? I guess I got two things against me for this bug to be fixed: WoW = Priority#1, and Blizzard North = No-More (absolved completely into the money hording conglomerate Vidindi). That's absurd because a monster with a few mods could set of Fire Explosion or Cold Explosion so many times, you are practically guaranteed death regardless of your gear! We should start a partition to fix these major bugs for realm play at the very least (wishful thinking).
Quote: We should start a partition to fix these major bugs for realm play at the very least (wishful thinking).

Aha, yea. Given the number of exploits and bugs, they just don't give a damn anymore. The bug's been known for a very long time.

Anyhow, the only thing I can say is just use a town portal to reset them, though honestly I really don't have the time to read their stats when they are chasing me around the Arreat Summit.

I almost lost a Paladin to a FE/CE monster just recently in nm act 4. He had about 850 life and wasn't even that close to the monster. If it were a point blank shot, it would probaly be a one hit kill.-_-; For a close combat character, I think four dight hp is probaly the minimum to complete act 5 nightmare with. 800 feels like nothing; it's about one doll explosion! I actually have a bow on switch just for this crap. ;p

And yea, this crap is probaly why I hate doing ancients in nm and hell.:o
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Heiho,

Quote:>> Then she must have been firing arrows <<

your client engine doesn't know if it's a bow or an xbow the other one is wearing, due to requirements being met only via equipment.
I think your graphic engine just displays bolts as a default then, I'm a bit out of touch here.

meh, sometimes I just remember one thing or another ...

http://phrozenkeep.planetdiablo.gamespy.co...p=375924#375924

Quote:... for missile weapons it selects the arrow missile for the bow weapon class and bolts otherwise (as the default, in fact they simply call a func checking if the existing weaponclass is 'bow' and assume you use a crossbow otherwise) ...
so long ...
librarian

Diablo II FAQtoids