Flash based mp3 players.

Hey folks. I recently bought a USB flash based mp3 player. 1 gig, FM tuner, 1 AAA battery. For 29$ and change. I'm sure there's a better deal somewhere, but from what I've read the model I got is a decent enough starter model for the money.

I'm not a complete n00b on mp3 players, a family member has an Ipod (nano, pre video version) and I got Itunes installed on my computer for them. I'm usually the one that does their CD collection conversion etc etc.

But for the most part, I am not a big fan of the Ipod or some of their characteristic. Even though they are nicely construction, have a very nice UI and a hell of a marketing job. There are people who barely knows what an mp3 player is, but they want an Ipod. (I experienced this with someone first hand. I tried explaining to them it was Apple's mp3 player, and you don't -have- to get an Ipod if they just want an Mp3 player, anymore than you have to buy a Kleenex brand if you just want a tissue. I got a semi blank stare, followed by a 'yeah ok, but an Ipod is better right?')

Looking around at the falling prices of 1 gig SD cards now though, I am really attracted to Mp3 players that can use this. While I'm not buying another Mp3 player right away, I think I want to go the SD route the next time I am buying a player. I hate built in obsolescence, I want a 'future resistant' expandable player.

Here's some of the list of things I want in my quest:

- AA\AAA battery. (I prefer AA, but most likely it will only be offered in AAA.) With recent rechargeable technology like Eneloop and hybrid batteries, I see less advantage over built in rechargable lithiums for me. Besides I like the flexibility.

- FM tuner. Sometimes it's very handy to have access to a radio. In a blackout emergency situation, this can be very very good. If it has an FM recorder it would be even better.

- Ease of swapping SD cards. I want the ability to swap cards as easily as I would switching a CD. If I have to be super careful or be fiddly mcgee to take the card out, I'd rather keep looking elsewhere.

- Weather resistant and fairly robust construction. I'm not going to take this diving, but I don't want to worry if it got some minor moisture on it. And even though I am not going to drop this from a 10 story building, I don't want to worry about the player coming apart if I press the button too hard. (I will be using the player when I'm doing my exercise walk outside.)

- I don't want an 'Itunes' type of software to transfer my (legally bought, dammits) music and other files. After experiencing my current USB player being treated as a USB storage drive, and being able to just copy-paste\send-to I will NEVER want a player that uses an 'Itunes' or any other type of middleman software.
I want to plug it in, open up my file(s), and send it, and done.

- My price range is 20-50$.

So, has anyone seen a player that has all or close to all of the above?