Ele druid questions
In a surprising pique of serendipity, I and a fairly solid cluster of online mates were all bitten by the Diablo 2 bug practically simultaneously. I'm falling behind the group a little due to university commitments, but I'm making an absolute killing on Countess runs until I stop fannying about and decide how to move on with this character.

I decided on Yet Another Druid™, but with a twist. Whereas before I went Shapeshifting, which was fine for solo play and relatively easy to do (Alternate between putting points in Lycanthropy and Werewolf Form, boost HoW, and wait until the bottom of the SS tree to dump as much into Fury) I though of doing something else, and hearing that SS Druids aren't as effective as they were before 1.10 sealed the deal. So I plumped for Elemental, thinking of crawling up the tree to the two end-tree spells while pumping Oak Sage and Solar Creeper.

The thing is that a few other skills have caught my eye. First being the insanely fun Molten Boulder. It's slow, but that just gives me enough time to run around the pack and set another rolling (Made even easier since I was donated a pair of Hsarus' Iron Heels). Cyclone Armor looks like a fairly good defensive skill as well, if seemingly uninspiring at lower levels.

It occurs to me that I have zero clue how to build a caster character. All I've ever played are melee grunts and one necromancer up until halfway through Act 2.

I know it'll be a long wait 'til I get my hands on Armageddon and Hurricane, so will Molten Boulder suffice for the meantime, and at what level is enough? I've currently got 6 skill points sitting around doing nothing, and I'm debating with myself whether to really save them up, or splurge between MB, CA, and OS. I get the feeling that my group would like me to give MB a little kick up from level 1, since they do so enjoy watching me bowling for demons:)(And it is fun)

Any advice would be appreciated.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Hi NiteFox

In my experience, an Elemental Druid can have the fire side or the cold side, but will be lacking in damage if he tries to have both.

Moulten Boulder is huge fun. :) It has both a physical and elemental component, which can be very useful. Targetting can be tricky, especially against fast moving foes, but even so, it sure is fun.

Fast cast doesn't matter much, since it has a timer. So you can build for life and resists. Cyclone Armour is a nice buffer to have as a magic damage reducer.

If you are having fun with it, then run with it? There are enough synergies for it that you won't ever run out of places for skill points.

And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake