Qlevel
.. I've been researching on finding items and i gotta know what q level is!!! i've read that is the quality level but i dont know how it affects items being dropped!! I'm looking for Godly shield or something like that!! OF TIGER =/ Im loooking for dragons amulet of harmony or dragons ring of harmony!! Help meh!!
Merciless bow :)such and such but i don't know what q lvl is!! I've read jarulf's quide but i don't see anything that explains qlvl
Quote:.. I've been researching on finding items and i gotta know what q level is!!! i've read that is the quality level but i dont know how it affects items being dropped!! I'm looking for Godly shield of the whale or something like that!! OF TIGER =/ Im loooking for dragons amulet of harmony or dragons ring of harmony!! Help meh!!
Merciless bow of slaughter:)such and such but i don't know what q lvl is!! I've read jarulf's quide but i don't see anything that explains qlvl

Yes, qlvl means quality level (though quotient level may be more accurate). All base items and affixes have a qlvl that is associated with them.

Sections 3.8.2 and 3.8.3 of JG will tell you what qlvls can be generated for base items and affixes in the dungeon. Sections 3.9.1 - 3.9.4 will tell you what qlvls can be generated by the town vendors. These values are calculated based on ilvl values, and the definition of an ilvl is given in these chapters too, if you read carefully.

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
Quote:Yes, qlvl means quality level (though quotient level may be more accurate). All base items and affixes have a qlvl that is associated with them.

Sections 3.8.2 and 3.8.3 of JG will tell you what qlvls can be generated for base items and affixes in the dungeon. Sections 3.9.1 - 3.9.4 will tell you what qlvls can be generated by the town vendors. These values are calculated based on ilvl values, and the definition of an ilvl is given in these chapters too, if you read carefully.

Ok then.. How do u calculate ilvl:Pcan u tell me then?
Quote:Ok then.. How do u calculate ilvl:Pcan u tell me then?

I haven't cracked open JG in a good long while, but IIRC the "level" of base items (aka, ilvl) is not calculated but tabulated. Long swords have a different ilvl than two-handed swords, but (may) have the same ilvl as large shields, for example.

Look up the tables for base items and you should find what you're looking for.

Best regards (and nits welcome, of course),
Quote:I haven't cracked open JG in a good long while, but IIRC the "level" of base items (aka, ilvl) is not calculated but tabulated. Long swords have a different ilvl than two-handed swords, but (may) have the same ilvl as large shields, for example.

You're confusing ilvl with qlvl.

Quote:Ok then.. How do u calculate ilvl can u tell me then?

I could tell you, but I can't be bothered when Jarulf has already done it so well. Perhaps if you actually tried reading the sections I mentioned in my previous post, you'll learn for yourself.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
Does qlvl means the level I have to be for the item to be dropped?
Quote:Does qlvl means the level I have to be for the item to be dropped?

ilvl is how the source of an item determines what drops. When the source is a monster, this is mlvl while for dungeon containers (barrels, chests, etc.) this is generally 2dlvl. This is used to determine what can possibly drop.

Non-boss monsters can drop base types with qlvls in the range 1 to mlvl. They drop affixes with qlvls in the range ilvl/2 to ilvl; recalling that for monsters ilvl=mlvl, the range is mlvl/2 to mlvl. (The lower value is always rounded down.) The calculation for item base types uses the mlvl in the current difficulty, while the calculation for item enchantments uses the mlvl for normal difficulty. This is why you can find Full Plate in Hell/Church but you can't find enchantments better than those you find in normal difficulty.

EX: A Fallen One in Normal/Church has mlvl 1. It can drop base types with qlvls in the range 1 to 1, and it can drop enchantments with qlvls in the range 1/2 to 1, or 0 to 1 (after rounding). A Fallen One in Hell/Church has mlvl 31. It can drop base types with qlvls in the range 1 to 31, and it can drop enchantments with qlvls in the range 1/2 to 0, or 0 to 1.

-Lem