Where can I get a good widescreen desktop?
Ever since I first started using Windows XP, I've always had Bliss as my desktop background. Bliss is the one with the rolling green hills and the blue sky. I'm pretty sure it's the default XP background.

I recently upgraded from a 17" CRT monitor running at 1024x768 to a widescreen 22" LCD monitor with a native resolution of 1680x1050. I love the new monitor, but now I desperately need a new desktop background. Bliss looks absolutely horrible at 1680x1050:(

Where can I find large widescreen desktop backgrounds? What is the default Vista desktop?
Quote:Ever since I first started using Windows XP, I've always had Bliss as my desktop background. Bliss is the one with the rolling green hills and the blue sky. I'm pretty sure it's the default XP background.

I recently upgraded from a 17" CRT monitor running at 1024x768 to a widescreen 22" LCD monitor with a native resolution of 1680x1050. I love the new monitor, but now I desperately need a new desktop background. Bliss looks absolutely horrible at 1680x1050:(

Where can I find large widescreen desktop backgrounds? What is the default Vista desktop?

Here are the default apple desktop images: http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper/

Some more cool ones: http://www.stevetruett.com/wallpaperpages/...paper_home.html

I'm sure if you google you can probably find some things that are a bit more specific, but thats what I found by mostly looking at the first few hits.

-Baylan
Have you considered not filling the desktop with the picture? My laptop is 1440x900 but I use Azul at its installed resolution (800x600?) without stretching and centered. The outline of the screen is then a light blue and all the icons are kept in that frame area, in various categories such as online, system/drive, games and utilities. So, when I have the machine sitting at the desktop, I can imagine wading in crystal clear water off a small island with palm trees and fluffy clouds floating overhead. There is nothing blocking the picture. I like it. YMMV.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Quote:Ever since I first started using Windows XP, I've always had Bliss as my desktop background. Bliss is the one with the rolling green hills and the blue sky. I'm pretty sure it's the default XP background.

If you don't mind paying for a subscription (90 day, 1 year, lifetime), check out http://www.digitalblasphemy.com/

As the demos here can show, this guy is really, really good.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Hi,

Quote:. . . I desperately need a new desktop background.
Keep a game running all the time and you'll never see your desktop. Then the background becomes rather moot.;)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

One of my favorite totally-free wallpaper websites is InterfaceLift. Pick your resolution and start browsing.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:One of my favorite totally-free wallpaper websites is InterfaceLift. Pick your resolution and start browsing.

-Bolty

That's perfect. Thanks.
deviantArt.com HDTV/Widescreen wallpaper section

Personally, my current wallpaper is Life's Vortex by microwaves.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!