Bush commutes Libby sentence
Quote:Limbo is where babies supposedly went when they died, along with pre-christian pagans, and people who died without sin, but also without salvation.
Your information is not quite up to date. The Catholics have decided that there is no basis for belief in a place called Limbo.Recent changes in Catholic catachism
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

One of the things that keeps me coming back to this place is threads like this. No where else could a thread about Bush pardoning someone morph into a discussion about religion and slavery.

Carry on.

W<
Quote:Your information is not quite up to date. The Catholics have decided that there is no basis for belief in a place called Limbo.Recent changes in Catholic catachism

My comment was in reply to Eppie, who was asking what the Catholics used to call the place where babies went before they decided it didn't exist.

-Jester
Quote:My comment was in reply to Eppie, who was asking what the Catholics used to call the place where babies went before they decided it didn't exist.
As I re-read eppie I see you are right. Sorry for the misplaced correction.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Quote:When I am king...
Quote:...Yes! ... I'll vote for it.:)

Sorry, but...

"You don't vote for kings."
quoth King Arthur Pendragon, King of the Britons, Defeater of the Saxons, Lord Sovereign over All England
c. 932 A.D.

So -- unless you're some kind of watery tart, lyin' in a pond, distributing swords -- your vote doesn't count.

(mpq)
Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help, help! I'm being repressed!