Bolty's Compleat List of Fun WoW Movies
I looked through my downloaded junk today and realized I've got a heck of a lot of WoW movies. Inspired by my recent thread regarding some downloads that others liked, and being tired of referencing things nobody else has seen, I decided to compile a list of all the World of Warcraft-related media that I downloaded at one point and never threw out. :)

For starters, you can't go wrong with Blizzard's official movies. Some of them are pretty cool. In fact, most of them are. Rather than mention them individually, I'll just put that link there and hope you've at least looked at them.

But for fan-made movies, here's my list, in semi-alphabetical order, including download links. Maybe I'll just update this as time goes on, dunno.

Instances Comedy Music Drama/Other
Please list (and link to) your faves!
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
  • Eternal Legend - watching "Unlimited Escapism" reminded of this one. The editing is great. I like it.<>
  • BWL - Episode 1 - the great classic done by the French guild Empire. Followed up by Episode 2 and Episode 3. Episode 3 is my favourite of the three. I got the tip to these from here, the Lurker Lounge.<>
    [st]
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!
Quote:[*]BOOM! Classic video of a Warlock blowing up the Ironforge Auction House with a pet who had Baron Geddon's bomb debuff. This video got the player's account suspended for a week, if I recall, and Blizzard patched it out soon after.

That would be Biny who was immortalized by Blizzard as Niby the Almighty in Felwood. Biny drops by the Warlock boards at Blizzard every so often and usually get's ribbed and asked if they're going to blow up the AH again.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
I'll have to chase up the links but here are a couple of additions:

ThePopeRope's back catalogueWhile he was with Fusion, ThePopeRope made some of the best boss kill videos around. Big, high quality, and with excellent music. Highly recommended.

Faxmonkey's Stupid Mage Tricks - Faxmonkey made a series of amusing PVE videos, where he takes on a variety of unlikely opponents solo (Crimson Courier and friends, Twilight Marauders, an entire scourge crystal node, Rattlegore, various dragons, two Hederine slayers at once and so on).

Chris
Quote:Please list (and link to) your faves!
I've passed on most of the WoW movies, but I was thoroughly impressed (and entertained) by Big Blue Dress.
<span style="color:gray">[Hellscream]
Shriek---Darkspear Hunter[62]
Chant---Forsaken Priest[70]
Yelp---Sin'dorei Blood Knight[70]<!--sizec-->
<!--/sizec-->
I've always found Working as Intended a good bit of fun. Presence of Mind bugs up for a Fire mage in Arathi Basin, so the buff doesn't disappear on spell cast. (This means it's effectively permanent.)

As for love stories, I've yet to find one that can match Here Without You.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Added the amusing Jimmy - a World of Warcraft Story and the short and funny The Murloc. Don't miss em.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:I've always found Working as Intended a good bit of fun. Presence of Mind bugs up for a Fire mage in Arathi Basin, so the buff doesn't disappear on spell cast. (This means it's effectively permanent.

I am in awe. Simply in awe.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Looking at how long the list is starting to get, it may be prudent to sort it somewhat into a few categories (eg. Music Video, Dramatic, Fun Tricks, etc.)

Within my own collection, the majority of the ones I've kept are neat/weird things done in game, the odd well-edited PvP video, a few dramatic videos, but in general just fun stuff. I must second the nomination for Big Blue Dress; even though the choice of lyrics in one spot may not be the most politically correct, it's a nice poke at the fashion problems within WoW. Also another thumbs-up for The Return and the Return 2 Trailer, which were just really well put together overall.

For some unmentioned ones:
  • Affinity - I can't seem to find this anywhere anymore, just dead links... 2 rogues (L60 days) duo'ing undead Stratholme, with a semi-storyline behind it. Well edited overall, though a bit too much use of effects for my tastes.<>
  • L1 Gnomes Hogger Raid - There's a number of various hogger videos out there, but this one I particularly liked, with the pre-fight silliness included at the start.<>
  • N E V E R - Some really nice editing in this production, though I must admit the PvP did drag on a bit from my point of view, and it's likely that it's not quite as comprehensible to a non-druid.<>
  • My Life For The Horde - A pretty well put together story, with some nice usage of cutting between various in-game animations to produce a certain effect. The bad guy's outfit made me laugh though:)<>
  • World of Roguecraft series - yeah, yeah, I know. It's dated now (pre-deathcoil), and while I can't say I necessarily agreed with it at the time either, I thought it was well put together and still showed some neat stuff. I particularly liked the warlock vs warlock back and forth in the middle of Ep. 2.<>
  • World of Warcraft - Pompeii - Old (pre-raiding days) video done by a long time ago guildie, showing flashes of a number of places in the WoW world synced quite well to the soundtrack. I think I show up in there twice... once as a dead body, and once running across the screen desperately trying to save myself with a NS+HT.<>
    [st]And, just a shameless plug for one of my movies We've Got Everything You Need. Made long long ago in the days of the cries of 'Druids suck, we can't do anything', it was meant as a bit of an inspirational piece (as opposed to a 'Druids own L2P' statement). In hindsight, I wish the PvP clip choices had been better, though I had limited selection to work with since I was always trying to match the particular action at the time with the lyrics in the song. And yes, I still consider "Run With Us" the Druid theme song.:)

My other few movies are also on warcraftmovies if anyone cares to look them up, all quirky to some extent: a historical druid PvP video done in the days of the post-1.8 cries of "I'm feral, I don't heal", "I'm a healer, don't ask me to do anything else", etc. I was trying to make a statement of "No, I'm not one of the 'pure' classes, and no I don't own, but I am a druid, and it's still fun to play". Canadians may recognize the reference made in the opening sequence. Also there's a fun Sethekk Halls stealth run (soon to be made impossible with the changes to Syth).

Edit: Hrm, warcraftmovies still linking to a dead link to 'I Am A Druid'. Viable download at http://hosted.filefront.com/Silh. Uploaded Affinity... to the wrong place. It's at http://files.filefront.com//;7301682;/
Onyxia:
Kichebo - 85 NE Druid

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
I think the motion for Big Blue Dress has been passed.:)I thought that was a hoot.

I'm a little surprised that Nogg-aholic hasn't been mentioned anywhere. Ok, so it's 45 minutes long, but it's a good 45 minutes.:)

Almost all the vids I keep on the harddrive are PvP vids, and probably not of much interest to anyone who doesn't play the class in question, but a couple of worth mentioning for the editing and what-not.

Rage of Angles has some of the most impressive editing I've seen in a PvP vid. The thing that's so impressive about it is that it never seems over done. Also have to give a plug to two realmies with Ezele V. Very nicely put together.:)

For anyone who's starting to feel nostaligic for the pre-TBC days, Ode to Felwood can't be beat IMO. Great song, simple editing, my favorite druid, all the ingredients to make a good vid.:)

Another older music vid is Jace - Spitfire. (Not sure if the torrent on WCM works. You could try the mirrors at http://www.own-age.com/vids/video.aspx?id=3760)

That's all I can think of right now

PS. Trien, I wouldn't worry about the quality of your PvP clips. You could've padded it out with 20 minutes of garbage (which you didn't) and it still would've been worth it to see you drown the rogue.:)
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
Added the stunning Unlimited Escapism: Volume 2 to the list.

-Bolty
Since some people apparently like Baron Soosdon's work, here is a link to his movie homepage.

I'd also like to point people at the old but hilarious Twill for the Kill, a classic by now.

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
The 'Unlimited Escapism' series reminds me of ye olde demoscene demos... not the least because of the music style and flashy effects. Not quite as impressive as a well done demo since in those things are rendered realtime, but still the editing and design are impressive. The camera position transitions were a bit overused IMO, though he did set up some really neat inverted positions. I should play around with those more actually, since you can only do so much with manual mouse moves. The other thing which I was thinking of was to write an addon that would do continual FlipCameraYaw() calls (in small increments, such as 0.1 degrees) to generate smooth camera pans.

Whoah...

I just figured out how to get current camera yaw/patch/distance numbers... though it looks like changing those is not possible in-game (though one could always edit config.wtf). Too bad, that could make for some nice filming control.

Any other moviemakers out there?:)
Onyxia:
Kichebo - 85 NE Druid

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Quote:The 'Unlimited Escapism' series reminds me of ye olde demoscene demos...
Maybe not so "ye olde"...the demoscene still lives. The archives go all the way back to the dawn of those demos, and you can still find such gems as the legendary Second Reality (which still runs on modern PCs thanks to emulators like DosBox). But demos are still being made, and some of them are quite cool. The "magic" isn't really there anymore though, from when these demos pushed the limits of computer hardware and made you do doubletakes, saying "I didn't know computers could DO that!" In these modern times of full motion video and movie playback on computers, real-time rendered whiz-bang graphics and sound don't pack quite the punch they did back then. Now I'm getting all nostalgic for the days when things you'd see on a PC would just amaze you and make you wonder what was possible...

Now I'm risking thread derailment. Who stickied this thing, anyway?

-Bolty
Quote:Now I'm risking thread derailment. Who stickied this thing, anyway?

-Bolty
T'weren't me boss.
mario!
Delgorasha of <The Basin> on Tichondrius Un-re-retired
Delcanan of <First File> on Runetotem
The Grind - Episode 2 is out! Resistance is futile!
Quote:The Grind - Episode 2 is out! Resistance is futile!
"I'm back."
"Dude, you got a Bluetooth headset? A pretty nice one?"
"Yup."
"Good range on it?"
"I guess, yeah. What, why do you ask?"

That. Cracked me. Up.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Quote:The Grind - Episode 2 is out! Resistance is futile!

The Grind is rapidly shaping up to be the next Red Vs. Blue, I think.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Quote:The Grind is rapidly shaping up to be the next Red Vs. Blue, I think.

Hell, even only on episode 2 here, I'd already throw 'em some cash for merchandise.