Terenas Lurkers - Pristine Hide of the Beast
In case you folks have missed the guild message, we finally got a Pristine Hide of the Beast.

This is used in making Breastplate of Bloodthirst, Cap of the Scarlet Savant, and Leggings of Arcana.

For the Breastplate of Bloodthirst, you also need:

Frayed Abomination Stitching: 10
Arcanite Bar: 5
Skin of Shadow: 5

For the Cap you need:

Frayed Abomination Stitching: 5
Arcane Crystal: 8
Enchanted Scarlet Thread: 5

For the Leggings you need:

Frayed Abomination Stitching: 5
Arcanite Bar: 5
Frostwhisper's Embalming Fluid: 5

Please post any interest you may have.
Intolerant monkey.
I have no interest in it. My thoughts are that the only thing worth making with it is the Breastplate of Bloodthrist. The legs with how spirit works for a druid just seem pretty pointless I mean the Luminary Kilt which is pretty easily farmed in BRD is better for a druid in my opinion. Though if someone wants to make one and no one else wants something I won't care.

The crown has some uses for caster crit builds, it's clearly better than most of the easily farmed crit helms (from non raid content), but I'm not sure how many casters would want +spell crit without any +damage on the helm. And really it's only like 1% more crit than a crown of the ogre king but it is clearly better.

The breastplate is a very good druid tank piece and not bad for rogues. You can argue the PvP stuff is better but well not everyone has interest in that. My opinion is that it is the best item to use the hide for compared to other blue farmable stuff.

Selling it on the AH is an option and spliting gold out to guild members or whoever, but most of us don't seem to be hurting all that bad for money and I'm much rather see the item used. Again just my opinion.

Finally in my opinion I would give preference to a main who isn't expecting to get the X-Pac, has little interest in PvP (or doesn't have the time) and doesn't really have the chance to raid much. Of course I'm cluttering the thread where the main intent is to see who might want the item, but I'm just putting my opinion out there on some of it.

Everyone should feel free to post any interest they have in it, we will then discuss and we'll get the hide to someone and help you get the other mats for it, just like we did with the chromatic carapaces that dropped.

I'm hoping that there is still someone out there that has a good interest in this rare little gem but well with all the new toys Blizzard has added to the game it's value has dropped. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
The breastplate does seem to make the most sense. Are there any feral druids out there who need such a thing? Shamadros has already said he doesn't want it over the Warlord's chest, and Fazuul (iirc) already has Malfurion's Bulwark. Maybe one of the other druid mains could use it? Dunar, perhaps? Torenia (so I hear) has no interest in tanking, and most of our other druids aren't mains.

While it would be an upgrade for Jesana, she's not specced for it, she's not my main, and I've already gotten one similar item on Geldauran. So, obviously, I think it should go to someone else.

The other option is to make one of the less useful items. Does anyone think either of those would be a big help for them?

-Jester
Quote:The breastplate does seem to make the most sense. Are there any feral druids out there who need such a thing? Shamadros has already said he doesn't want it over the Warlord's chest, and Fazuul (iirc) already has Malfurion's Bulwark. Maybe one of the other druid mains could use it? Dunar, perhaps? Torenia (so I hear) has no interest in tanking, and most of our other druids aren't mains.

While it would be an upgrade for Jesana, she's not specced for it, she's not my main, and I've already gotten one similar item on Geldauran. So, obviously, I think it should go to someone else.

The other option is to make one of the less useful items. Does anyone think either of those would be a big help for them?

-Jester

My druid is too young to use it yet, and my shammy doesn't need anything made with the Hide.
--Mav
Fazuul has better gear than either the pants or the chestpiece, although I did check about the chest for tanking, but I do have Malfurion's for tanking. I also have better healer pants than those, so I currently have no need for any of the items. I too would look at Dunar as someone who might be able to benefit from it.
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
One option might be to just hold it for a week or two. Basically wait for the expansion to come out and then see who moves on to 70 and who stays at 60. You never know, there may even be something new turn up that uses it. I doubt that though. I think waiting may be the best bet though.