Honor reduced ~30%
Quote:What I've noticed is that the Honor Tab guess for how much Honor you've earned for a given day is ~1/2 of what you actually get. Yesterday I logged out with ~792 as my estimated honor for the day. Logged in this morning and got 1592 Honor for yesterday.

You mentioned to me privately that you PvP'ed in the morning and in the evening. The estimated honor does not update until you log off. For me, it has been within a few 100 if I log and then come back in. I view it as another silly Bizzard coding issue.

On scrap paper I write down my bonus honor for the games and use "2" per kill as a good estimate if I don't want to use the log off method. I go with 2 since I nuke the same fools again and again and it really doesn't help in the way of honor. In pre-made AB, I might end up with 45-60 honor kills. That's killing the whole alliance team 3-4 times in a single match and many of those are AoE splash damage kills. Your mileage will vary.

Having done several nights of AB pre-mades now, the honor rate is very close to 500-600/hour for our Battle Group. The alliance fields some very strong teams that really cut into honor/time even with us winning the matches.
Terenas
Yuri - Mage/Arcane 85 Undead
Thirdrail - Shaman/Resto 85 Tauren
Vicstull - Rogue/Subtlety 85 Troll
Penten - Priest/Discipline 85 Blood Elf
Storage guild Bassomatic
Quote:What I've noticed is that the Honor Tab guess for how much Honor you've earned for a given day is ~1/2 of what you actually get. Yesterday I logged out with ~792 as my estimated honor for the day. Logged in this morning and got 1592 Honor for yesterday.

Sometime in the last couple days this has changed.

Previously bonus honor was not a part of the estimate. However, yesterday evening I took my priest to AV and sat in the cave long enough for my teammates to kill one lieutenant. This got me 14 honor. I AFK'ed out, re-logged so the width of that field would update and my estimate was 14 honor. And, of course, this morning I had 14 more spendable honor points than yesterday.

The estimates are a lot closer than they were a few days ago.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
I got similar data. I had 20,3xx honor left over from before the patch and meant to get the HWL shield, since it's looks complement the HWL Cleaver a lot better than the crappy Buru's. It's also a much better shield:)

I played some AV matches and after a relog my honor tab showed 2,45x honor. What I actually got was 2,2k honor, I got to 22,548, barely enough to get the shield.

My feeling told me that I should have gotten more honor, couple of AV wins, less losses, about six WSG matches, five wins. All in all around five hours gametime, maybe six. And then even the conservative estimate in my honor tab turned out to be too high.

Ah well, guess no HWL boots and legs for me then.

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.