Terenas 11/26 Run
We have had good turn out for our last few lurker raids. I'm thinking ZG again since some people are still building rep in the place. If there is a strong pull to mix things up with AQ20/Ony/MC for fun let me know and we can see what we can do.

If we do ZG, I'm thinking of mixing up the bosses just for fun.
1. Venoxis (warm up)
2. Jin'do the Hexxer (highlight of the evening)
and if we have time
3. Arlokk (if we have 3 tanks)
4. Gahz'ranka (fishing boss) Fun easy fight and I love to see ZG from a bird's eye view.

I know that several people expressed interest in getting a Hakkar kill. Given our current numbers and time limits, I don't feel this is possible on Sunday. We either need to spread ZG over two days and possibly open this guild "fun night" into an open event (open to friends of lurkers) or find a way to get 20 people to sign up for 3-4hrs and enforce some kind of "class" slots (ie. 3 mages, 2 warlocks, 2 hunters, 2 holy priests, 2 resto druids, 3 warriors etc. etc.)

It has been a rush to take whatever odd ball group of Lurkers showed up (some on blue/green alts) and create a winning strat: shaman tanks, limited aoe Jeklik, 9 man Mandokir+Venoxis, 15 man Mar'li etc. But I too love the Hakkar fight (best in the game I've seen so far IMHO if done with limited epics). So please think about the nature of the guild run and the changes in "flavor" of the run IF we take in friends. Not that this is bad, but it will be a change, with a formal loot system and a more serious feel to it (maybe take away some of the fun?).

Also I will do better RL'ing over the next few times I do it. My general style is to spread out the jobs. Because unless you have a very static group with known pulls, it is hard to get things sorted out quickly enough. By spreading out the jobs, we can get better "parties" in the raid to take advantange of ablities, and loot is handled cleanly without me making a mistake as I start thinking about the next boss strat and the people/classes/specs on hand to pull it off. With practice, my "raid iconing" will become faster and I will be able to rattle off a strat faster. Also, please talk to me after a pull about how it might have been done better. I play my toon to get better every pull and I have the same attitude about RL'ing.

This week is lurker only and we can talk on TS during the trash pulls/breaks. 7ST trash (or when we get enough people), 8ST the bosses start to drop. We will take a 10min break after the Hexxar.

Terenas
Yuri - Mage/Arcane 85 Undead
Thirdrail - Shaman/Resto 85 Tauren
Vicstull - Rogue/Subtlety 85 Troll
Penten - Priest/Discipline 85 Blood Elf
Storage guild Bassomatic
I'll be there, hopefully for the 7pm trash.

Mist
I should be able to be there. Not sure about 7, but I should be there by 8.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:I know that several people expressed interest in getting a Hakkar kill. Given our current numbers and time limits, I don't feel this is possible on Sunday.

I think working on getting faster and hitting Arlokk and The'kal will give us an idea of how well prepared we are for Hakkar. It'd sure be nice to see us master Jin'do which is in many ways the most difficult fight in the instance (execution, execution, execution).

For Hakkar, we have the tanks and the healers. We probably would want Gorkuk and Yuri to come so we have two mages and two hunters. I think we can do it with a full turnout, but getting used to raiding with this group needs to come first, as well as mastering Arlokk and The'kal.

edit: Forgot to indicate my availability. I'm not sure right now, but it's nearly certain I'll be able to make it even if it is late.
Have to pull out, forgot have a birthday party to go to....and though i'd rather be here with you guys, it's my wife's family and i have to do the driving.

Mistique
I'm there.:)
Intolerant monkey.
Quote:I'm there.:)

I'll *probably* be there, but it's not for sure yet.
--Mav
Quote:For Hakkar, we have the tanks and the healers. We probably would want Gorkuk and Yuri to come so we have two mages and two hunters. I think we can do it with a full turnout, but getting used to raiding with this group needs to come first, as well as mastering Arlokk and The'kal.

From my run with Lurkers on wednesday it seemed clear that 2 mages would be a must for the Jin'do fight as well. We did kill Hakkar with 1 hunter on wednesday and we may need fazuul more for Jin'do and Hakkar.

Quote:From my run with Lurkers on wednesday it seemed clear that 2 mages would be a must for the Jin'do fight as well. We did kill Hakkar with 1 hunter on wednesday and we may need fazuul more for Jin'do and Hakkar.

Well, Fazuul usually tanks Jin'Do when he's in there, as druid tanks are immune to the polymorph Jin'do llikes to slap on his tank. One mage is probably enough for Jin'do, as it's really the skellies that the mage is needed for, and one Arcane Explosion or two is usually enough to take care of those. Rogues seem to be the key to a good Jin'do fight....rogues and warlocks to mow through the shades.

Having another hunter for Hakkar would be good, for pulling sons, and good ranged dps, if we have enough healing power. I don't mind taking either Fazuul or Gorkuk, and I dont' mind switching them out for individual boss fights either.

I expect to be available Sunday evening. My vote would be to work more on Thekal and Arlokk than Jin'Do. Jin'Do is tough, in some ways tougher than the Hakkar fight, and we can't hope to get to Hakkar unless we can drop Thekal and Arlokk. I would suggest this order, but I really don't mind either way: Venoxis, Mandokir, Jeklik, Mar'Li, Arlokk, Thekal, and then see what sort of time we have left. Jin'Do drops the best caster loot, but can also be a real stumbling block, and we can spend the evening wiping, as opposed to getting folks geared and repped up. The trash leading up to Jin'Do is also very tough. However, like I said, I'm here to help out wherever.
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
Well, I think we probably should get the priests first, but, then, I'm primarily looking for rep more than loot. Oh, the Band of Servitude would be nifty, as well as an enchant, but I really want more rep so I can get to revered and use the chest foo I have in the bank. So, as long as we're killing stuff, I'm good:D
--Mav
I should be good to show up with Adirra. :)
-TheDragoon
I expect to be there around 8 or 8:15. Again, still looking for that ring that Mandokir drops, so if you could hold off on him, that would be great.

See you tonight (I hope)!
<span style="color:red">Terenas (PvE)
Xarhud: Lvl 80 Undead Priest
Meltok: Lvl 70 Undead Mage
Ishila: Lvl 31 Tauren Druid
Tynaria: Lvl 66 Blood Elf Rogue
I should be there. I figure you'll want Marn, but Kati will be available.

I kinda like hitting Jin'do first because I don't think that fight is as hard as people make it out to be. Yes it takes practice and even if we have a good class mix for it, we will wipe the first couple of times we do it. But that is pretty much true of most encounters that aren't a simple tank and spank and require people to pay attention and have to do more than one or two things. People just need to see it to get it.

I do want us to eventually get to Hakkar as well, which means we need to learn Arlok and Thekal as well at some point but to be honest unless we open these runs up to more than just Lurkers we won't have the time to get all the priests down along with Hakkar. I don't expect us to have the people 2 nights a week out of just Lurkers to continue the raid lock at this stage in the game. I don't see us getting the bosses all learned and the speed fast enough that we can get Jek'lik, Mar'li, Venoxis, Arlok, Thekal, and Hakkar in one night before the expansion. And if we do, will we then still get Mandokir and/or Jin'do for the enchant idol? While we have many people that can use lots of the gear. Currently the idol is the most valuable thing in there for most people. Even if the few of us who have access to, or possess the T2 helm/legs already all have 2 enchants (which I don't think can happen before the expansion anyway), that enchant on a ZG drop for someone can still be as big of an upgrade as another item from there anyway.

I don't see us really getting anyone repped more than about 8K rep more before the expansion either. So how much rep the run yields isn't a consideration for me as to what we do. Getting people to see content they never have is my concern.

I know a lot of Lurkers haven't don Jin'do, Arlok, Thekal, Hakkar, or the Alchemy bosses. As mentioned I don't forsee Hakkar being in the cards unless we do something special to make sure it happens, and even then we would have to do some tricky planning to make sure everyone got a crack at him. Most likely something like killing some bosses on Friday after the Keepers raid, some more Saturday, getting people in way early on Sunday to clear any trash that might be in the way so that we can beeline to whatever bosses when we get the full crew. Doable and worth the effort, but again not sure it's something that can happen as a Lurkers only thing before the expansion anyway.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:Even if the few of us who have access to, or possess the T2 helm/legs already all have 2 enchants (which I don't think can happen before the expansion anyway), that enchant on a ZG drop for someone can still be as big of an upgrade as another item from there anyway.
I would add that you can always hold onto the idol until you get a good item to put it on. :)
-TheDragoon
Quote:I would add that you can always hold onto the idol until you get a good item to put it on. :)

You can, but we treat the idol as a special case and give it to the person who can get the most use out of it at that time. That might be someone who can't make the MC/BWL raids and just got some purple pants from ZG and we know that they won't be upgrading those legs for 3 months, that could be a T1 hat for someone who can never make the Ony runs, it could be T2 legs for someone, etc. With the number of people that have something that would be good to put the enchant on, I really don't see it going to someone that doesn't have an item to use it on. Unless it's a situation where the person who gets the idol is someone we know can't get to ZG much so we they get it because they won't have another shot at it.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Good run everyone. We took out Arlokk with 14 people. Congrats to Octord on the ZG enchant. I also think we improved on trash and speed.

Look for a post by Xame to see future plans. It'd be REALLY cool to drop Hakkar with all lurkers before the expansion.
Congrats to all those with upgrades! Many thanks to all who came, but special thanks to Xame for organizing and running these.
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight