Anybody bought a Wii?
Quote:Sucks for the guy, but I really think they were just being WAY overzealous playing the game, and it got out of hand. Regardless of whether the strap should have broke or not, and I'm not dismissing the fact that there could be a defect, I still firmly believe they were just being asshats. Granted, my crew and I can get to be pretty damn rowdy during video games, but at least we admit when one of us throws a controller across the room.;)

Because of that thread I have cautioned my Wii-owning friend about the dangers of flying Wii remotes. She has accepted my warnings gratefully and is now in the process of shielding her HDTV with bulletproof Lexan and is also reinforcing her Wii remote straps with stainless steel thread.

She also says that after three consecutive says of playing Wii sports with her boyfriend her upper body aches. She compares it to a workout at the gym, but localized in the upper body (arms and shoulders). I have suggested that she play some Mario DDR to get a lower body workout while she's at it. The Wii could be the greatest thing ever for fatassed nerds everywhere!
Quote:He did say he was going to contact Nintendo about the possibility of getting a replacement remote, since the strap shouldn't have broken like that. But no, no one is suing anyone.

"Take the number of <strike>vehicles</strike> Wiimote straps in the field, A, multiply by the probable rate of failure, B, multiply by the average out-of-court settlement, C. A times B times C equals X. If X is less than the cost of a recall, we don't do one."

Heh.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386