Election Thread
Quote:And sometimes, they are the best answer that we can afford.

Can we agree on that, and just agree to disagree as to what specific excesses we consider to offend our sensibilities?
Yes. I'm trying to think of some restrictive laws that I like, but I would entertain the notion that there are some. Oh, I like the CANSPAM act. It's against my nature, but I hate Spammers worse than the lack of liberty in that case.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:Yes. I'm trying to think of some restrictive laws that I like, but I would entertain the notion that there are some. Oh, I like the CANSPAM act. It's against my nature, but I hate Spammers worse than the lack of liberty in that case.

With unsolicited SPAM, it's not a clear-cut notion of 'liberty' - the reason most people hate it is because it really is a form of unsolicited enslavement. You have to take the time out of your day to trash it in the garbage bin, be it electronic, or paper. It's something that we all have to do, day by day, and the minutes... Add up. Considering it's so useless for most of us, there is nothing positive to be gained from that activity. The spammer's wasting our time, out of simple greed.
Quote:With unsolicited SPAM, it's not a clear-cut notion of 'liberty' - the reason most people hate it is because it really is a form of unsolicited enslavement. You have to take the time out of your day to trash it in the garbage bin, be it electronic, or paper. It's something that we all have to do, day by day, and the minutes... Add up. Considering it's so useless for most of us, there is nothing positive to be gained from that activity. The spammer's wasting our time, out of simple greed.
Ya. A friend and I were talking the other day about the predominant preoccupation of spam with enlargement. It's just so wrong on so many levels. You find out as a married man some insight into women. For example, if I do something really nice such as clean the bathroom, my wife thinks I'm huge. :lol:
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Aye, matey, argh argh.... [IN RESPONSE to "Pastafarian?"]

There have been ghastly nights, arraarrgh, when after me usual dinner of rum rum rum rum rum rum baked beans rum rum rum rum and rum me legs don't keep me from swabbing the deck wit me noggin, when admirin the Seven Sisters and biddin 'em to come down and play Stoke the Plank, or sumsuch, me eyes -- er, me eye -- gets ahold of a glimmer of the Monster, makin' me all cold and clammylike, turnin' me inta a big ravioli . . . . arrrrr . . . . I got better . . . . thanks be to our chef boy, Hardy, or Ardy as we call 'im .... arrrr

Argh? I knew I'd posted back to the Witch Doctor ere today, but I thought the wind had acaught it .. so I'm double respondin, argh, goes with me double-vision and me two-timin nature argh
Hmmm, I'd been reading this thread in outline form for ages, and now I see it's been holding out on me!! I guess once it gets to a certain size, the outline can't keep up?? I guess I should make it more clear what I'm replying to, then.

I basically had to abandon this thread a couple weeks ago because of time constraints.... which are now starting to lift a teensy bit ... which is why you may see me post again to this thread, despite its slow death a week ago or so.. I need some closure .. or something ... anything ... (*sob!*)
Quote:Hmmm, I'd been reading this thread in outline form for ages, and now I see it's been holding out on me!! I guess once it gets to a certain size, the outline can't keep up?? I guess I should make it more clear what I'm replying to, then.

I basically had to abandon this thread a couple weeks ago because of time constraints.... which are now starting to lift a teensy bit ... which is why you may see me post again to this thread, despite its slow death a week ago or so.. I need some closure .. or something ... anything ... (*sob!*)
Dr Occhi perscribes Rum.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete