Charity Website Work.
A local charity in my hometown (Southborough, MA) is looking to overhaul their website (Smiling Kids Incorporated). I have offered to them, as a volunteer / charitable donation, any and all of my computer technical support and hardware solutions. They have responded with a need for a volunteer to do pro-bono work, overhauling their website and handling updates. I told them I would look into my contacts, gave them some suggestions for their own recruiting, and so I come here.

First, a little about the charity. What started as a one-time gift-giving to local and state food pantries and social services has become an annual event, geared towards giving birthday presents to needy children throughout the state all year round. They are going into their fourth year, and they are based in my hometown, started by a couple who simply had a surplus of food / gifts after the holiday parties. They have gained state-wide recognition for their efforts, and have grown into a much larger organization than simply a husband and wife giving out gifts. Because they are in my hometown, and because they are a charitable organization geared towards children (less-fortunate children, to be specific), I felt a strong desire to help them in whatever ways I could. I try to be a generous person whenever I can be, and when money (so rarely) allows, I will donate what I can to local charities (holiday wrapping booths are a favorite of mine during the holiday season; the funds usually go to local schools and other charitable organizations, and I get to have my Christmas presents wrapped without having to deal with the hassle myself). This one in particular hits close to home, not just because it's in my local town, but because children, especially those less fortunate, hold a very dear place in my heart. Growing up I was not really less fortunate; there were certainly others who had more than me, but I always had food, shelter, and gifts. However, there are always those who do not have the simple things we all take for granted in our daily lives, and this I am always aware of.

I myself am not good at websites. Coding, of ANY kind, has always been a challenge for me, much like learning a foreign language. There's just a part of my brain that seems to have trouble retaining it all and keeping it straight, and so I utterly fail at any attempts to do programming of any kind. Otherwise, I'd gladly offer to help this charity myself with their website. So, I come to you good folks. I certainly will not hold any ill will towards anyone who cannot or will not grant their aid to this charity, but I had to ask the good people of this community, simply because it would be wrong of me not to. If there is anyone here who is skilled in website design, and would be able to redesign a website for the charity, and maintain it, your help would be greatly appreciated.

You can contact the co-founder of this organization, Karen Sommers, directly at information@smilingkidsinc.org, or you can contact them through me. Again, I do not expect any of you to be able to provide for this charity, but I felt compelled to ask, knowing what a large and helpful community you all are. You have my sincere thanks simply for taking the time to read this, and I hope the organization finds what they are looking for. As for me, I'm already pledged to help out with any computer-related services they may need, and will be putting forth a donation at some point in the future (probably after the holidays, when my finances settle a little) to further their cause.

Thank you for your time.
Roland *The Gunslinger*