Grizwold Repair Items Bug
I've got this myself, and some others are talking about it.

The instant I hit 'repair items' with Grizwold, my game exits ungracefully. I have to admit, I did take a few really powerful items other players offered me. Has anyone else heard of this? Is the crash due to an item I hold, or is it the actual game.

I'm new to all this. Only been exposed to D1 for a month or so.
Quote:I've got this myself, and some others are talking about it.

The instant I hit 'repair items' with Grizwold, my game exits ungracefully. I have to admit, I did take a few really powerful items other players offered me. Has anyone else heard of this? Is the crash due to an item I hold, or is it the actual game.

Well, my advice is to get rid of all the duped/hacked crap you got from other people, start a new character, and play the game it was supposed to be played. You'll find it much more satisfying that way.

If, after that, your're still crashing at Gris, let us know.;)
Quote:Well, my advice is to get rid of all the duped/hacked crap you got from other people, start a new character, and play the game it was supposed to be played. You'll find it much more satisfying that way.

If, after that, your're still crashing at Gris, let us know.;)

true, get rid of all the hacked crap players 'gave' you on bnet, if it was legit they wouldn't just give it to you. the reason you crash, if you look at the durability on an item, if it says 90/0 for example, with the second number being a zero, when griz sees this, he knows you're cheating, so he just slams the game shut on you. even the npc's hate cheaters! it's alot more fun and challenging to play 'pure' , where you don't accept any items from other players. that way, everything you have you know is legit, because you found it in game. this also adds to the thrill of dropped items, you never know if the next drop will be a great find! either start a whole new character, or just take all your items and throw them away. save 100 gold coins and start over. you'll have decent gear soon enough.
Quote:I've got this myself, and some others are talking about it.

What gear are you wielding and what is in your inventory? My guess is you have an item which Griswold's repair routines cannot properly handle. Also, if you are receiving any crash dump files, posting them may be enlightening.