grinding, and content recycling
Quote Tigole:
Quote:...regarding reputation, we're really trying hard in the expansion to make reputations less of a grind. We're trying to use reputation in new ways that don't require hours of repetitve behavior. To give an example, the Blood Elf secondary zone, Ghostlands, has a reputation associated with it. Do 2 quests -- go up a level. Do 3 more -- go up another level etc... No grinding whatsoever. It exists more for purposes of logical quest flow and world immersion (winning over a town -- proving yourself).
no more rep grinding yay

Spangles will grind to CC exhalted because she wants the quest reward weapon before she looses interest in it. This will be soon, because the weapon drops in BWL and AQ40 are so good.

The real reason is because I don't trust Blizz not to require CC rep for something new, as they require AD rep for Naxx.

Exhalted hometown (faction) rep could easily become recycled into the expansion.

And, speaking of content recycling, what's to stop Blizz from requiring T0.5 armor questing as part of the 61 - 70 lvling process. Or, 300 all stats, which, for Spangles, means learning to fish & cook, ugh.
[Image: spangles_sig_3.jpg]
Quote:The real reason is because I don't trust Blizz not to require CC rep for something new, as they require AD rep for Naxx.

AD wasn't being used for anything, and it isn't really used much for Naxxramas. I really doubt they're going to re-use any of the current factions for anything important.

Quote:Exhalted hometown (faction) rep could easily become recycled into the expansion.

Considering it costs about 300 gold or so (and a whole lot of clicking) to become exalted with any Alliance or Horde faction you want, this would hardly be a grind...

Quote:And, speaking of content recycling, what's to stop Blizz from requiring T0.5 armor questing as part of the 61 - 70 lvling process. Or, 300 all stats, which, for Spangles, means learning to fish & cook, ugh.

Because that would be insane and completely out of character for Blizzard? Why do you think levels 61-70 will involve anything significantly different from 1-60?
All players will need to be friendly with the Bloodsail Buccaneers before they can enter the Dark Portal. Mark my words.

Also, this is a friendly reminder to keep related posts consolidated in related threads. There is already a thread on this topic called "Reputation."