Terenas: Thorium Brotherhood Rep
Some of us were talking in guild chat about getting Mogo up to revered rep with Thorium Brotherhood. The tricky part is that it takes 10 Dark Iron Ore per turn in (2400 total if you use only DIO) or 2 core leather per turn in (160 total if you use only core leather) to get from honored to revered. We've got some core leather banked, iirc and I don't know how much DIO we've got floating around between all of our miners. If we want to get both a tailor and enchanter to get those last recipes, Mogo would be our best bet. There are no tailor/enchant recipes at exalted so we won't have to worry about that. Do folks want to push Mogo's rep with TB up higher using guild resources? I know I can't do it all alone since I have no level 60 miners and don't have the money to buy all the DIO to do it. Go ahead and post a yeah or nah equivalent and whatever other comments you may have. The other option is to push a smith up there, but we already know a trustworthy one who's making the good stuff for Keepers. I don't know if they've got enchanters or tailors up there or not. Thoughts? Opinions? Bloodless coup for even suggesting this? ;)
Intolerant monkey.
It is highly likely that most efficient use of core leather is selling on the AH and buying DIO.

There are a lot of current uses of DIO right now, and it's really not easy to mine up.
- FR armor
- Dungeon 2 upgrade quests
- TB rep

I am of the mindset that FR gear is probably a higher priority. I have been mining what I can, but it's slow going as I'm not the only person on the server interested in DIO.

My plan was to get people through that part of the dungeon 2 questline, then people will want to go to BRD. As this happens, we can have groups do clears to veins as we go, maybe doing some Angerforge + Smelting runs with side trips to any obvious deposit locations. This gives a shot at FR gear from Flamelash (cloak), Force of Will on the tanks, several passes at DIO.

Plus one of the sets of BS plans that are lying around will get me the dark iron shoulders plan.

My current stockpile of DIO is around 150 range and I have 8 bars in the bank.

If smelted, that's only 26 bars total, which is enough for a chestplate (20 bars) or shoulders (8 bars) (but not both) or all the lurker main completions of 45 minute runs (18 bars) with enough left over for DI shoulders (8 bars).

Looks like it will be another 160 - 200 DIO or so before I run out of things I can make without cores. I know Xarhud wants 4 for his FR trinket.

Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:I know Xarhud wants 4 for his FR trinket.

Although it's true that I want the trinket, I don't need the trinket, really. So I'm willing to wait.

I had thought you were saying that with a couple of people to help that you could reset BRD and mine any obvious DIO nodes in just a few minutes. Rinse and repeat 5 times / hour. Did I misunderstand what you were saying about how much ore you could generate this way?
<span style="color:red">Terenas (PvE)
Xarhud: Lvl 80 Undead Priest
Meltok: Lvl 70 Undead Mage
Ishila: Lvl 31 Tauren Druid
Tynaria: Lvl 66 Blood Elf Rogue
Quote:I had thought you were saying that with a couple of people to help that you could reset BRD and mine any obvious DIO nodes in just a few minutes. Rinse and repeat 5 times / hour. Did I misunderstand what you were saying about how much ore you could generate this way?

Well the first two times I did this I was able to get to 2 nodes solo. The next 2 resets I was able to get to 0.

Witht he first two resets I had thought nodes were going to be in the same place everytime, turns out not to be the case, so it won' tbe nearly as efficient as I had thought it would be. I'm sticking with mining in Burning steppes, though I can probably park one miner outside BRD to check those solo-able nodes in between fighting for nodes in Burning Steppes.

I guess it's time to put Conc's hearth in Kargath, but man that puts me far away from a bank =(

After smelting Saturday, I have 27 bars and I think I have another 25 ore or so already plus necrali sent me 5 DIO from what he won from Friday's MC run.

- For now I'm saving bars assuming first use will be on 45 minute completions. I think that's 18 bars total. If people working towards this want to pay their way, it's 24 ore for the 3 bars needed on the quest, this is not necessary, but will allow FR gear to happen sooner. I'm not counting any of Mistique's characters, since he has his own supply of DIO and his warrior can smelt it too.
- Next priority will be FR gear I can make without cores for all our warriors (pretty much shoulders is all I can make, plus a chest for myself) (8 DI bars * 3 warriors = 24 bars = 192 ore + 20 bars for chest = 352 ore)
- Then the 4 for Xarhud's FR trinket (32 ore)
- Then DIO for Mogo TB rep.

So I see us needing about 526 ore to complete our current needs before working on rep with someone, and I currently have 246 of that (280 remaining)
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Quote:Well the first two times I did this I was able to get to 2 nodes solo. The next 2 resets I was able to get to 0.

Witht he first two resets I had thought nodes were going to be in the same place everytime, turns out not to be the case, so it won' tbe nearly as efficient as I had thought it would be. I'm sticking with mining in Burning steppes, though I can probably park one miner outside BRD to check those solo-able nodes in between fighting for nodes in Burning Steppes.

I guess it's time to put Conc's hearth in Kargath, but man that puts me far away from a bank =(

My experience is that DI farming in BRD is less efficient than DI farmin in Searing Gorge with the 5 instance/hour limit. And yes I said Searing Gorge. The reason being there is less competition but you don't shots at thorium. This is of course for Stormrage sever, not Terenas, there might be a lot of people in SG too.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:The other option is to push a smith up there, but we already know a trustworthy one who's making the good stuff for Keepers. I don't know if they've got enchanters or tailors up there or not. Thoughts? Opinions? Bloodless coup for even suggesting this? ;)

Quote:Also i can make Flarecore gear for casters

This is from http://keepersofthedusk.com/index.php?opti...6&limitstart=12

So if flarecore requires the TB rep then we have a trustworthy tailor among the Keepers already.

I'm still looking for an enchanter. I have to admit when I started the conversation about people helping Mogo get up her TB rep that I really underestimated it. I thought more than DI and core leather could be used (i.e. I could contribute better) and that it wouldn't take that many to do it:(
Quote:I'm still looking for an enchanter. I have to admit when I started the conversation about people helping Mogo get up her TB rep that I really underestimated it. I thought more than DI and core leather could be used (i.e. I could contribute better) and that it wouldn't take that many to do it:(

In other words:
"Yes, TB rep really does suck that bad"
Quote:This is from http://keepersofthedusk.com/index.php?opti...6&limitstart=12

So if flarecore requires the TB rep then we have a trustworthy tailor among the Keepers already.

I'm still looking for an enchanter.

So Voiceman tells me that Morga (the originator of the above quote) is also an enchanter. So it appears we have access to a trustworthy tailor and enchanter.
Quote:So Voiceman tells me that Morga (the originator of the above quote) is also an enchanter. So it appears we have access to a trustworthy tailor and enchanter.
Can she make all flarecore or is it like Mogo and everything except the leggings? The leggings are the only ones that take the revered rep.
Intolerant monkey.
Quote:Can she make all flarecore or is it like Mogo and everything except the leggings? The leggings are the only ones that take the revered rep.

What I do know is that she can perform +22 Intellect, so she therefore has the rep she would need for the Flarecore Leggings.
Quote: Bloodless coup for even suggesting this? ;)

Bloodless coup for suggesting it! :lol:

Quote:lol *smite*

D'oh!

DI update:

Thank you to everyone who sent me ore. I smelted over 200 ore last night in BRD, and it was put to use by crafting FR gear that doesn't need cores and 4 sent to Xarhud for his FR trinket

I now have 1 bar, but the only future need should be for the armor upgrade quests.

I also have the pattern for "Dark Iron Mail" if people are interested... and patient
http://www.thottbot.com/index.cgi?i=24072
Quote:I also have the pattern for "Dark Iron Mail" if people are interested... and patient
http://www.thottbot.com/index.cgi?i=24072

Hmm I poked at stuff and it looks like there is very little reason to make that armor ever. It's 13 stam 12 FR 433 armor

Marn can make:
Black Dragonscale Armor 8 stam, 12 FR, 50 AP, 344 armor

and

Dragonscale Armor 10 stam, 13 FR, 13 Frost, 12 Shadow, 306 armor, use absorb 600 magical damage.

I can't really think of a fight where a mail user is going to benefit more from the 3-5 extra stam or the extra armor more than the extra resist or absorbtion. The Dragonscale Armor is actually very good vs Gehennas in MC for the extra shadow and FR and the absorb will chew a little bit of a random firebolt or RoF damage. It's not uber being just 1/3 to 1/5 of what a various protection pot will absorb but it's 600 less damage you'll take in one of those random damage fights.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Yeah, it didn't seem all that great when I looked at it, it seems like it's made for something of a tanking shaman with all that armor. But then how often do you need high armor AND high fire resist?

The Dark Iron Plate is similar in this respect. It'd be nicer if it had normal armor for a green of it's level and more stam or FR or even some STR instead, but whatever, itemization is what it is.

And I may want some black dragonscale stuff for my DPS FR gear.