what's a good 1.07 d1 mod?
Quote:It works fine for me until I try to download anything. Then I just get redirected to the index page. Same thing hppens with Opera.

Site Update:

I've been plagued with ccnnection problems, but the mods that I have been able to download are available here.

ok i downloaded 'exe' from http://homepages.inspire.net.nz/~lennylen/diablo/mods/ but where
do i unzip it to to get the mod to work. into the diablo file in c drive?
Quote:ok i downloaded 'exe' from http://homepages.inspire.net.nz/~lennylen/diablo/mods/ but where
do i unzip it to to get the mod to work. into the diablo file in c drive?

I'm going to just copy/paste my answer to this question from when I was asked it recently on GFaqs:

The answer depends on format the mod is in, .exe or .dat.

In either case, you first need to ensure that you have the version of Diablo that the mod is based on. Most are v1.07 with some v1.08 and v1.09. In order to do this, you need to download the appropriate patch. I like to have one directory for each version. What I do is install the game, then run the v1.07 patch. Then I make a copy of the Diablo folder and rename it Diablo107. I then repeat this for v1.08 and then finally run the v1.09 patch and that becomes the current version of the game (the version any shortcuts in your Start Menu or on the Desktop point to).

Now for the mods. If they are .exe versions, just copy them into the correct directory, and double-click the .exe to run it.

To run the .dat versions, you will need a copy of DHack, which you can get here.

It doesn't really matter where you put the .dat files, though you may wish to put them in the directory for the version of Diablo they are based on. If the mod also comes with extra files, these also need to gointo the correct installation directory. Once you have everything copied, run the correct version of Diablo.exe, then ALT-TAB back to the desktop.

Next, run DHack, and load the .dat file. The click the "Activate All Hacks" button. You can now go back to Diablo, and the mod will be applied.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
Quote:which mods for diablo 1 version 1.07 are the best? not hellfire, i don't have that. which one should i play? i have 1.07, i haven't updated the game because i haven't gotten on bnet yet.

May i Suggest the Depths of Hell mod with the Merc Classes?:P
[font=Comic Sans Ms][size=7]

Aogon(LGT) - Leader of a clan on b.net where the we are tring to revive D1 the way its supposed to be played! ALL YOUR DUPES CANNOT SURVIVE MAKE THEIR TIME. LEGIT clan (LGT)
Can someone help me with running Dr. Zed's mod?

I downloaded the dat file from the website, and tried to load it using dhack, but the mod doesn't seem to load correctly, and I am running version 1.07. Could someone who has gotten it to run correctly now tell me what I did wrong? In the back of my mind, I seem to remember that there should be a MPQ file also. If so, does anyone still have that?

Btw, this was the mod with the different races, etc, correct? Does anyone still have some sort of documentation left, since the original website is long gone now?
Hello,

- MPQ archive
- documentation
That's really awesome. Thanks a bunch.

Quote:Hello,

- MPQ archive
- documentation
Looking for help once again =)

Does anyone happen to have documentation for Depths of Hell Mod. I couldn't pull it up on archive.org. I mainly want to know how different all those classes are, before picking one to venture into the mod with. Also, what sort of changes did this mod make?

Thanks again.
I don't have a documentation really.. but only the data files created by Dview (link).
If you scroll down to the end of each page, you can compare the chars to each other.
That's how I once figured out which char to chose, and decided to take a mercenary warrior.;)
Thanks again =)