Problem Installing Diablo II
Ever since I had to uninstall D2 so that I could get the 1.11 patch, I have not been able to re-install it due to this and Error 0x00000002

It will say that it is unable to copy this file;

SetupDat\Files103\D2Win.dll

And that it can't find this file;

C:\D2\Tools\DiablnstSource\DiskUndo.cpp.246

I Need Help Please.

Principal Forge,Apr 16 2006, 09:01 PM Wrote:Ever since I had to uninstall D2 so that I could get the 1.11 patch
[right][snapback]107382[/snapback][/right]

Why did you have to uninstall Diablo 2 to get the latest patch?
When I was downloading the patch something went wrong and I had to uninstall D2 but then when I tried to reinstall it I got the errors.
Have you completely removed ALL Diablo 2 files, even the LoD ones?
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that
counts."
- Winston Churchill
Quote:C:\D2\Tools\DiablnstSource\DiskUndo.cpp.246

How can a regular CD installer complain about files on your HDD? How are you installing the game?
Quote:How can a regular CD installer complain about files on your HDD? How are you installing the game?

You DO realize this post was from 3 years ago right?
Speaking of patch problems, I am laughing, this is so silly.

I have a Window 7 64 bit at the moment, installed Diablo II.

Can't get the game to start.

Go to the blizz support site.

Three or four links are broken.

Nothing I note yet about "WIndows 7" compatibility.

Getting a direct draw error. INstall is complete, patch 1.13c loaded, and all I get when I try to load game is, up in the left hand corner, a series of characters which appears to be the machine going through all of the alphabet and characters on my keyboard.

Maybe I should find the latest direct draw patch ... it just makes me giggle that all this simplifying just runs into another problem.

Oh well.
EDIT:

Snort. Ran the video test, game opens fine now. Now, with patch 1.13c, bnet can't identify my version of the game. Off I go to bnet tech support and broken links. Wheeeeee!

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Sorry I missed this.

To run D2 in Win7

1. Right-click your desktop shortcut
2. Compatibility
3. [x] Disable desktop composition

OpenGL Wrapper

1. Be sure to use OpenGL Wrapper to GREATLY reduce lag!
2. Be sure to set all of the settings to full (assuming your video card can handle that) or it might actually lag you more if the settings are too low.
3. Once you enable OpenGL, run Diablo's VidTest in your D2 folder and set it to Glide.

I prefer D2SE to run D2 and my mods. It also had Glide for D2 built in already!

Disclaimer: all of the links I provided are okay to use on battle.net, so nobody freak out or anything Tongue .
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin