Finally, a hilarious Paladin hotfix.
I'm beginning to wonder if blizzard realizes paladins are in the game when they design things. Don't take what I'm about to say as me angry about the recent hotfix, I just find it incredibly hilarious, to the point of being a comedy of errs on the part of blizz.

I really have to wonder if Blizzard hasn't deleted a folder somewhere that gives the devs the paladin spell tooltips, math, and the like, or if they just think that paladins are not as widely played?

According to blue posts

Quote:We just deployed a hotfix to modify Holy Wrath so this spell has the same diminishing return mechanics that other player stun spells and abilities currently have. This will prevent Undead creatures that we wish to be susceptible to stun from being permanently stunned if you include enough Paladins in your raid who then rotate their Holy Wrath casts.

This will affect the difficulty of Anub'arak, but we didn't want the "right way" to defeat this fight to involve bringing five Paladins who glyphed their Holy Wrath spell.

Really? So.................................................. it was ok that tons of paladins could chain AoE stun in Naxx, but now that we have ToC, chain stunning via holy wrath is not intended. I'm just curious, did you forget about naxx? One of the REASONS to put all of your paladins on the dead side in the Gothik fight was that if the dead side started to get overrun with spawns, you could chain stun them until they were dealt with. There is no limit to the number of mobs that you can stun this way either. The only thing that diminishes with the number of mobs is the damage each mob takes from it.

I know in one of our early Gothik kills, Live side got a little zealous, and myself and another paladin kept the majority of the big bad spawns locked down while we cleaned up the some of the mobs.

I'm sure that this change was needed, but at some point, I have to wonder what brain dead dev/programmer missed yet another 'exploit' by us paladins.

In our Anub kill, I didn't even bother with Holy Wrath. I'm assuming that it would be far more important on the hard mode than normal.

Oh well, At least it wont affect the only thing I really use Holy Wrath for anymore: Farming Stratholme for Runecloth. :P
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
This was done purely for one reason: to remove an exploit that a guild used to get a world first kill of Anub'arak in hard mode Coliseum.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Naxx was:

1. Meant to be a walk in the park.
2. Lacking encounters which were trivialised by the spell.

I guess undead side Gothik.
Quote:This was done purely for one reason: to remove an exploit that a guild used to get a world first kill of Anub'arak in hard mode Coliseum.

-Bolty

I still find it absolutely hilarious that this wasnt thought about ahead of time.

Quote:Naxx was:

1. Meant to be a walk in the park.
2. Lacking encounters which were trivialised by the spell.

I guess undead side Gothik.

Undead gothikk was trivialized, and MOST of the trash could be trivialized. I know it was meant to be a walk in the park, but they even went so far as to make the spell instant cast for WotLK. The fact that they missed this really makes me laugh hard.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
Gothik wasn't as hard as most of the trash pulls in Naxx. I'm sure Blizz wasn't worried that anything could trivialize the fight more than it already was. Hehe.
Jormuttar is Soo Fat...
Quote:Gothik wasn't as hard as most of the trash pulls in Naxx. I'm sure Blizz wasn't worried that anything could trivialize the fight more than it already was. Hehe.

True. Some of the Death Knight packs were just downright brutal when we were learning the place. going down the 'hill' on the way to 4 horseman was very deadly for a while when we would get 2 packs + shade.
If the "ultimate" boss of any raiding tier were trivialized by stacking any other ability, they'd do exactly the same thing.

Trivializing Gothik or Gluth or Naxx trash are not exactly in the same league as trivializing Heroic mode Anub. I applaud their hotfix, because otherwise the "default" way of beating the encounter becomes stacking paladins. It's not a good thing for the game as a whole if it's ridiculously advantageous to stack any one class for the "last boss" of a raiding tier.

How did it slip through the cracks? How many pallies even have that ability on their PvE bars? That's how it slipped through the cracks.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:If the "ultimate" boss of any raiding tier were trivialized by stacking any other ability, they'd do exactly the same thing.

Trivializing Gothik or Gluth or Naxx trash are not exactly in the same league as trivializing Heroic mode Anub. I applaud their hotfix, because otherwise the "default" way of beating the encounter becomes stacking paladins. It's not a good thing for the game as a whole if it's ridiculously advantageous to stack any one class for the "last boss" of a raiding tier.

How did it slip through the cracks? How many pallies even have that ability on their PvE bars? That's how it slipped through the cracks.

I have had it on my PVE bars (the only bar I would have it on due to mana cost) since they made the spell instant cast, and leveling had lots of undead around (launch of WotLK).

I don't dispute that it needed to be dealt with, I just find it absolutely hilarious that they didn't think about it.

Paragon did it again today, 1 ret paladin in raid, AND did it with 45+ attempts left.