Any car mechanics in the house?
Quote:As I said, I found deebye's reply honest although it makes me a bit sad: I don't mind so much from him as he doesn't get involved in the more serious discussions here

I didn't particularly feel the need to justify myself, because it's apparent you don't understand just how much snow we get here in the winter.

This derail also reminds me that I promised myself I'd buy a snowblower this year. I'm not shoveling that crap anymore.
Quote:Sail on DeeBye. Sail on!

I have a car, and not a pirate ship. Therefore I drive. Keep up with the thread :w00t:
Quote:I didn't particularly feel the need to justify myself, because it's apparent you don't understand just how much snow we get here in the winter.

This derail also reminds me that I promised myself I'd buy a snowblower this year. I'm not shoveling that crap anymore.

http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2006/12...e_kit.html

The problem is it costs more ($449) to upgrade your mountain bike (assuming you have one) than your car would be worth in trade. I might also suggest the alternative, which would be to get a riding snowblower.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2006/12...e_kit.html

The problem is it costs more ($449) to upgrade your mountain bike (assuming you have one) than your car would be worth in trade. I might also suggest the alternative, which would be to get a riding snowblower.

Haha I love it :D
Quote:I have a car, and not a pirate ship. Therefore I drive. Keep up with the thread :w00t:

Yer just not thinkin' outside th' box Cap'n DeeBye - slap a skull 'n' cross bones on it an' ye have a right dandy pirate ship t' go wit' yer pegleg. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaar.
If it makes any difference my other car is a very fuel-efficient 2008 Suzuki Swift.
Quote:If it makes any difference my other car is a very fuel-efficient 2008 Suzuki Swift.
Oh, I thought you were going to say a sleigh with reindeer.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Quote: because it's apparent you don't understand just how much snow we get here in the winter.

1 I don't say you need to take your bike when there is 50cm of snow.

2 I do understand, especially after seeing the picture, you saying it twice and shadow saying it once.
Quote:1 I don't say you need to take your bike when there is 50cm of snow.
That's right! When you have 50cm of snow, then you take the skis. Or, dog sled if you are so lucky.

Quote:That's right! When you have 50cm of snow, then you take the skis.

Cool I didn't think about that yet. I bought myself some skis last year...so who knows I will give it a try.
Problem here is that they throw gravel on the roads and pavements.....ski once over that stuff and you can throw away your skis.
REPORT!

The first attempt at fixing it with a soup can, muffler tape, and some 20 gauge wire had mixed results. I don't think the exhaust is going to fall off at the first hint of a pebble on the road, but I wouldn't bet my momma's life on it.

I'm going to take it in to an exhaust shop and politely ask them if they can fix it for cheap and I don't care how it looks.