Stockades Surprise
Last night Baguette, my level 35 priest, was soloing among the convicts of Stormwind on an humanitarian mission to further her medical skills and training. She must have looked wrong at one inmate, as he knifed her, while she was brutally kicked and beaten by his fellow prisoners.

Dazed and Half dead, she stumbled out of the cell block into open air. What a surprise! A group of inmates ran out after her. She fled for her life as best she could, and made it as far as the bridge between the Mage Quarter and the Trade District. She was saved only by a passing Stormwind guard who beat her assailant senseless.

Baguette is still recovering and does not know what to make of this. I with my superior meta-understanding of mechanics understand that it is very unlikely that the original group of thugs were the ones who pursued her through the streets. More likely this second group of inmates spawned just outside the instance. We do not remeber seeing inmates there before, so this must be a relatively uncommon spawn.

Does anyone know under what conditions the prisoners escape? Widsor was in town, but that may have been coincidence.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
It is a new unlisted event that now takes place in Stockade area of Stormwind. Periodically there is a group of convicts that will appear at the entrance to the instance and cause some havoc in the area. Makes it feel more like there really is a problem there as opposed to all the guards just standing around moaning about what a bad thing that is happening.

The two times that I have seen it happening, the guards at the stairs were managing to keep it contained to the stairs. You must have pulled most of the group past those guards before the guards aggroed on all the escapees.
That's neat! I'll have to check that out on an alt.