American President List
While at work, I clicked on the dreaded IE tab (I prefer Firefox) and the first page that loaded up was MSN.com - not my favorite homepage. Suddenly, before going to Google news, a little link catches my eye about Little Known Facts About Our Presidents, so out of curiosity I clicked the link. Sure, I knew the presidents names, but I never really bothered researching their personalities or even their stint in office, so I was pleasantly surprised to find this link filled with information about our presidents. I'm amazed, just by reading this short list, that some of our presidents even got elected! Take John Tyler for example with 15-children in a mostly Christian conservative era of America, or Andrew Johnson who never attended school in his life. Fascinating stuff if you like history but never paid attention to it at school - like me.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
MEAT,Feb 20 2006, 04:30 PM Wrote:While at work, I clicked on the dreaded IE tab (I prefer Firefox) and the first page that loaded up was MSN.com - not my favorite homepage. Suddenly, before going to Google news, a little link catches my eye about Little Known Facts About Our Presidents, so out of curiosity I clicked the link. Sure, I knew the presidents names, but I never really bothered researching their personalities or even their stint in office, so I was pleasantly surprised to find this link filled with information about our presidents. I'm amazed, just by reading this short list, that some of our presidents even got elected! Take John Tyler for example with 15-children in a mostly Christian conservative era of America, or Andrew Johnson who never attended school in his life. Fascinating stuff if you like history but never paid attention to it at school - like me.
[right][snapback]102461[/snapback][/right]
Some of those I'd heard of, but never these.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]