I need a FTP client that can do this
I used to use an outdated version of WiseFTP before I went ahead and nuked my Windows installation when I installed a bigger harddrive. I liked that particular version of WiseFTP because it was freeware and it allowed me to right-click on files in Remote View and return the URL. All I had to do was strip out the username and password strings.

I am saddened that the latest version of WiseFTP is now trialware. I cannot find a simple freeware FTP client that can return a remote URL. I've tried several and I always have to key in the full URL of uploaded files by hand, and I am the worst typist in the world.

Little help?
DeeBye,Jan 1 2006, 01:57 AM Wrote:I used to use an outdated version of WiseFTP before I went ahead and nuked my Windows installation when I installed a bigger harddrive.  I liked that particular version of WiseFTP because it was freeware and it allowed me to right-click on files in Remote View and return the URL.  All I had to do was strip out the username and password strings.

I am saddened that the latest version of WiseFTP is now trialware. I cannot find a simple freeware FTP client that can return a remote URL.  I've tried several and I always have to key in the full URL of uploaded files by hand, and I am the worst typist in the world.

Little help?
[right][snapback]98468[/snapback][/right]

SmartFTP (free for personal use), can do this with a little work.

You must first add the FTP server to your favorites. Then Favorites -> Edit Favorites -> right click server -> Properties. Go to General -> URL and fill in the HTTP URL field. After that it's a simple matter of any file on that site being right clicked -> Copy URL -> HTTP.

Looks like you can also do some FTP setup to manage the same thing over the FTP protocol.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Jan 1 2006, 02:04 PM Wrote:SmartFTP (free for personal use), can do this with a little work.

You must first add the FTP server to your favorites.  Then Favorites -> Edit Favorites -> right click server -> Properties.  Go to General -> URL and fill in the HTTP URL field.  After that it's a simple matter of any file on that site being right clicked -> Copy URL -> HTTP.
[right][snapback]98485[/snapback][/right]

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.