Posting lyrics and scores online is a crime!
If making copies of anything at all is okay, then intellectual property means absolutely nothing.

If you want to perform a play, just write down a "copy", perform that, and don't pay the playwright any royalties.

If you want to read a book, just photocopy it. Heck, if you're teaching a class of 500 science students, and you don't like the cost of textbooks, just buy one and photocopy it, or put it online.

It's a different thing than "theft" in the sense that you're taking someone else's physical posession, depriving them of it. But you're still depriving them of something if you copy their work without permission. The only question is: What level of something is society willing to accept and defend?

-Jester
Occhidiangela,Dec 20 2005, 04:35 PM Wrote:He incorrectly used s.o.a.b for s.o.b.
[right][snapback]97603[/snapback][/right]
Hi,

It seems like I forget to do my homework nowadays. We will not take up this development!
Sure enough I thank you for correcting me. I'm always eager to learn... :shuriken:

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
Hi,

Jester,Dec 20 2005, 11:23 PM Wrote:So, the moral of the story is, don't make art if you think that Oliver Cromwell might be coming to town in the next century or so.

:D

-Jester
[right][snapback]97696[/snapback][/right]
Exactly :whistling: Well, at least not if you plan to live that long. :)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Hi, Happy Holidays !!!

Not sure if this link has been Posted so here it is : Five recent enactments amend U.S. Copyright Law

Quote:Five recent enactments amend U.S. Copyright Law:

Family Entertainment and Copyright Act (P.L. 109-9) signed April 27, 2005 (html) (pdf)

Intellectual Property Protection and Courts Amendments Act of 2004 (P.L. 108-482) signed Dec. 23, 2004 (html) (pdf)

Satellite Home Viewer Extension and Reauthorization Act of 2004 (contained in Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2005, P.L. 108-447) signed Dec. 8, 2004 (html) (pdf)

Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act of 2004  Section 306 amends section 121 of the Copyright Law. (P.L. 108-446) signed Dec. 3, 2004 (html) (pdf)

Copyright Royalty and Distribution Reform Act of 2004 (P.L. 108-419) signed Nov. 30, 2004 (html) (pdf)

The documents below will be updated soon to reflect these changes.

Quote:This is from one of my Old posts that I can NOT find:

Video of copyright debate of the century:

Last night, the copyright debate of the young century was held when EFF Senior IP Attorney Fred von Lohmann and Siva Vaidhyanathan, author of the great copyfight book "The Anarchist in the Library," faced down reps from the RIAA, MPAA, Universal and Napster in a 3+ hour wrangle before an audience at Cornell University. Now the video is online -- well, it's available as a crappy, dropout-prone Real stream. No doubt there will shortly be ripped audio and video available.

Video of copyright debate of the century

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.