Mar's Rover's celebrate 1-yr. Martian Anniversary!
Hi,

A news portal I check periodically had a brief story on recent analyses about the Martian climatic history:

http://dailynews.att.net/cgi-bin/news?e=pr...8eaesuo8&src=ap

It includes a link to the NASA Rover site, which deservedly made a big deal about the fact that the Mar's Rovers (Spirit and Opportunity) have been active on Mars for close to one Martian year:

http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/home/index.html

It is amazing to me that this much time has passed, and the Rovers are still actively exploring. It doesn't seem like it's been roughly two earth years since they first touched down.

After some well-publicized blunders, it's good to see NASA have some success again.

How blase we have become that this has gotten almost no mention in the news media (at least, that I've seen)!

Regards,

Dako-ta

"As the area of light increases, so does the circumference of darkness."
- Alfred Einstein

Happy M-year!

I still have a shirt, crafted for me by *expert* shirtsmiths, depicting the first picture we got back from Spirit.

May we get there in my lifetime,

-Jester
Jester,Dec 7 2005, 01:08 AM Wrote:Happy M-year!

I still have a shirt, crafted for me by *expert* shirtsmiths, depicting the first picture we got back from Spirit.

May we get there in my lifetime,

-Jester
[right][snapback]96421[/snapback][/right]

If I may misquote Gertrude Stein

"There's no there, there." I see no reason to send people, the payload weight is better used for machines to do research and exploration. Unless we come up with a better way to travel faster.

Have you read "A Step Beyond?" C K Anderson. Pretty decent Sci Fi, well grounded in good science, on a Mars Expidition.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Hi, Occhi,

Occhidiangela,Dec 7 2005, 08:05 PM Wrote:Have you read "A Step Beyond?"  C K Anderson. Pretty decent Sci Fi, well grounded in good science, on a Mars Expidition.

Occhi
[right][snapback]96454[/snapback][/right]

No, that author doesn't ring any bells with me. I will add their name to my 'lookout for' list; possibly my local library has some of their work, but if so I haven't noticed it. I'll have to check it out, maybe request it through interlibrary loan if they don't have it.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Regards,

Dako-ta

Dako-ta,Dec 8 2005, 01: Wrote:Hi, Occhi,
No, that author doesn't ring any bells with me. I will add their name to my 'lookout for' list; possibly my local library has some of their work, but if so I haven't noticed it. I'll have to check it out, maybe request it through interlibrary loan if they don't have it.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Regards,

Dako-ta
[right][snapback]96483[/snapback][/right]

Good to see you are still lurking around.

http://www.sff.net/people/ckanderson/

Here's the author's web site.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete