Guilded or Guild Event Manager
This is an avarice alliance wide issue but I'm starting it here.

The alliance has been using Guilded for some time for the chat channel functionality. We actually pretty much require it if you want to raid with us. We have had people have problems with it in the past and if you read the comments Sij had dropped development of it and basically given permission for anyone to use the code from it.

Several of us have been testing Guild Event Manager and it has the same basic chat channel functions as well player lists. It has one big advantage (that we still haven't fully load tested) in that you can set-up events in it. If you want to do a scholomance raid at 8 server on Friday you can put in the event and the parameters and people can sign up in game for it with this add on. The 40 man raids could be signed up for that way as well (though I'm not sure we would do that just yet since this just does a first come first serve and we don't always pick the raid rosters that way) and it can be used to do a mass invite which is easier on the raid leader as well.

Now I'm not a huge fan of having everyone change add ons and there is no way that I want to run both (I keep running out of channels as is right now).

But I think the Avarice Alliance might need to move on from Guilded if for no other reason than it has no active development GEM has some other functions that I think would really help the alliance out as well. But it does no good if people aren't using it.

Finally we need to really load test it. We need 20 or more people using it with events in it to see if we get lag issues like we had with using the guilded professions. So that is the final reason I just have it on the Lurkers board I would like for the lurkers to grab this and use it.

The channel we are using that Kandrathe set-up (see http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/index...topic=6927 ) is AVEvents.

If all the Lurkers and any other Avarice member who reads this could help us out we could see. Then we can get input as to if we want this or to stick with guilded from you all as well.

Edit: Fixed link to Kandrathe's post that was originally going nowhere.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
I say we get a few people to try it out tonight, while we are clearing junk to Domo. It'll give us our load testing, but we wont have to worry about any boss lag issues.

I'm willing to help.
Hey, GG:

Sorry to say that link in your post leads nowhere, at least it didn't for me.

Without on going support and development for Guilded, I think it's just a bad bet. So many people have complained of spamming from it and attendant lag.

I vote GEM and I will participate in scheduling events there.
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Sabra,Nov 14 2005, 01:47 PM Wrote:Hey, GG:

Sorry to say that link in your post leads nowhere, at least it didn't for me.
[right][snapback]94763[/snapback][/right]

Fixed the link to Kandrathe's post and put an edit in the original. All 3 links are working for me now. Thanks Sabra.
---
Gnollguy,Nov 14 2005, 11:11 AM Wrote:Guild Event Manager
[right][snapback]94751[/snapback][/right]
Are you using the beta (2.00RC92) or the most recent non-beta (1.07b)?
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
LochnarITB,Nov 15 2005, 03:25 AM Wrote:Are you using the beta (2.00RC92) or the most recent non-beta (1.07b)?
[right][snapback]94851[/snapback][/right]

beta 2.00RC92 right now

don't know if that is the best idea but it's what I've got.
---
I'm a sucker for new addons, I'll try this out tonight.
I have DL this addon and will give it a try. Looks like a decent tool.
--Yak