Some more questions
I have had a few questions on my mind and finally think I will ask them

How do I get my resistances up on Hell mode. I thought it was -50 but it does seem to be -100.

My fire resists right now are good but I'm in the negative for lightening and poison which really hurts.

I have a 67 level zealer paladin right now and a 75th level barb with ww and concentrate and 4 points in natural resist (i'm going to be put last point in next level) I'm on act two with these characters, just started.

The other is the lag down, some people say its cheaters and dupers causing it, others think its the volume of players.
And does this Vrg player that spams all the games, obviously a bot of some kind been around always? Comes in and 4 lines and leaves right away. About ladders and lies about supporting katrina. I reported to blizzard but I dunno if they can do anything.

Also where do I find an ancient sword, seems I can't find one :unsure:

thanks!
TheKingofKewl,Nov 1 2005, 05:34 PM Wrote:I have had a few questions on my mind and finally think I will ask them

How do I get my resistances up on Hell mode. I thought it was -50 but it does seem to be -100.

My fire resists right now are good but I'm in the negative for lightening and poison which really hurts.
[right][snapback]93795[/snapback][/right]
You just need a right gear and lots of charms that boost your resistances...
I actually have never gotten full resistances (75) to all in the same time when on hell difficulty.
I think my assa who had natalya set and other stuff reached about 60 to all at same time...

PS. Have you done Prison of Ice guest yet on nightmare and normal difficulty's?
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that
counts."
- Winston Churchill
Sounds like your doing well. I'm checking the bnet sit for Elite uniques and rune words with good resists.

My paladin is level 74 now.
I checked his stats on hell mode now, there more survivalable then yesterday:-)
I went back and did alot of baal nightmare runs.

I have maxed Zeal, Holy shield and Fantacism and working now on Sacrifice.

This is with gear:

64% resist fire
49% resist cold
30% resist lightening
29% resist poison

strength 192
Dexterity 115
Vitality 215

Defense 1354
with holy shield 6363

Life 835
Mana 227

Wearing Storm Crest Helm
Chromatic Amulet 29% resist all
'Spirit' rune word, protector shield
Toothrow - Shark Tooth unique armor.
Venom grip gloves

I did all the quests on normal and nightmare :-)
I do pretty well now on hell mode act 1, just have problems with blood raven cause I can't kill her quick. She starts with 10 minions and raises them till she has an army of about 200 and becomes untouchable its frustrating.

Chaostheory,Nov 2 2005, 04:08 PM Wrote:You just need a right gear and lots of charms that boost your resistances...
I actually have never gotten full resistances (75) to all in the same time when on hell difficulty.
I think my assa who had natalya set and other stuff reached about 60 to all at same time...

PS. Have you done Prison of Ice guest yet on nightmare and normal difficulty's?
[right][snapback]93913[/snapback][/right]
You seem to have pretty nice gear, only thing i don't like is your "spirit" shield.
Don't get me wrong, spirit is a nice runeword, i am just saying that a level 74 pala should have better. You could find many uniques better than spirit, or even some rare pala shields...

By checking runeword used on shields, I'd suggest the use of Exile:
(you might have trouble finding these runes... ;) )

Exile
Character Level: 57
(1.10 Runeword)

Vex + Ohm + Ist + Dol

4 Socket Paladin Shields (only)

15% Chance To Cast Level 5 Life Tap On Striking
Level 13-16 Defiance Aura When Equipped (varies)
+2 To Offensive Auras (Paladin Only)
+30% Faster Block Rate
Freezes Target
+220-260% Enhanced Defense (varies)
Replenish Life +7
+5% To Maximum Cold Resist
+5% To Maximum Fire Resist
25% Better Chance Of Getting Magic Items
Repairs 1 Durability in 4 Seconds

This says that shield repairs durability so u might want to use it on etheral shield
The only minus for this shield is that it doen't give any resistance ;) , but life tap is good :)

And for the blood raven, lure the minions out and kill them one by one, I am sure blood raven will make more but on some point she stops doing that, have patience
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that
counts."
- Winston Churchill
I am a bit confused over the lack of resists on your Paladin. It seems to me that Paladins have better options than most character classes for achieving high resists.

Four socket Paladin shields are a reasonably common drop, and some of these will already have resists on them as auto-mods, so four perfect diamonds would give you high resists in it. I second Chaostheory in that a Spirit Rune Shield is not terribly useful for a Zealot. You are not casting much, if at all, so the faster cast rate is not helpful, although the FHR is a good thing. Further, the plus two skills can spawn on Paladin shields anyway, both magical and rare.

I am assuming your helm is a rare? What are the stats on it? What are the mods on your boots, belt and rings? Is a Guardian Angel armour possible for you (it is a preferred armour for many Paladins)?

And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake