Seal of Command now "cleaves" 2 extra targets....
Quote:Well, The damage is better on stand and deliver things, and it's not like we just don't do anything on trash or heroics. The big problem comes from the the idea that they stated they wanted to make it interactive, they wanted to make it less faceroll, and they didn't. They made it irritating as hell, and that's about it.

Agreed - I was sorely disappointed in the retribution changes, even though I was mostly ret for arenas. From a PVP point of view the spec became even less interesting. I was sincerely hoping they would trade burst damage for other tools (a regular interrupt, etc), so that good players could shine and facerollers (so to speak) would sit on their mediocre ratings, but alas...the spec is even more boring in arenas than it used to be.

To do decent damage ret paladins in arenas are now putting 5 points in holy to buff seal of righteousness, meaning they don't have reduced cooldown on HoJ, sot hey interrupt/stun even less often and basically still just run after folks hitting 3 buttons over and over plus an exorcism every 15 seconds.

And in PVE...yeah, auto-attack as a mechanic for ramping up DPS? Talk about non-interactive.
Jormuttar is Soo Fat...
Quote:And in PVE...yeah, auto-attack as a mechanic for ramping up DPS? Talk about non-interactive.
They're just returning to the roots of the class. *nod*

~Frag:D
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
My massive hatred for the changes has sometimes been misinterpreted as hating the burst changes. It's REALLY in the lack of interactivity like Mordh mentions. The lack of interactivity in the spec even made me rashly think about changing mains. I didn't, and I'm going to weather the storm, but man, At least with my mage the 3 buttons that I mash for DPS have some thought and decision behind them. With ret, I hit buttons, watch cooldowns. There is no interactivity.

The 'choice' that they ranted and raved about isn't even a choice. On our Yogg kill, I tried to throw heals whenever I could on myself or in the brain room on others. I NEVER used a free FoL on another person. If I used it, it was on myself. I would always wait and cast a Holy Light on someone as it was just always the better choice of heal to throw.

That means that I pretty much mashed Exorcism every 15 seconds. The only choice there is, is whether or not I try to time the cast of an Exo at the beginning of a pull.

I'm interested to see if SoComm will be good enough after these changes to be considered a choice for trash. The ability to smack secondary targets with it is going to be very nice, and could make it better than SoR. in an AoE situation.

From a PVP perspective, most people know, I hate PVP. Hate is not a strong enough word. I do it from time to time so that one day, in about 6 months, I can get the PVP mounts in my quest for 100 mounts.

After 3.2 I did some BGs to get another epic gem, and try out the mechanics. Nothing had changed except the seal I used. I went in in my PVE spec, with SoR and facerolled bad players with SoR. I ran 6 BG's and would have gotten Damage control in every single one (I even topped 1mil damage in an AV). I led in Killing Blows, Damage Done, and in a WSG I had the best time:

KB's, HK's, Damage Done, and Healing Done - All led by Sunetra. (that is just downright silly let me tell you)

nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
Quote:and in a WSG I had the best time:

KB's, HK's, Damage Done, and Healing Done - All led by Sunetra. (that is just downright silly let me tell you)
Not meaning this offensively, but now imagine you have a properly geared, played, specc'd Ret with a good computer, a good connection, good team support. Good Night, Gracie!

~Frag:blink:
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Quote:Not meaning this offensively, but now imagine you have a properly geared, played, specc'd Ret with a good computer, a good connection, good team support. Good Night, Gracie!

~Frag:blink:

Oh yeah, if I were a PVP Paladin who had a good connection, better comp (READ: Not a Laptop), in a pre-made, I would be unstoppable.

Things I know that I didn't do enough of

SS myself
HoJ enough
Torrent Enough/at the right time.

Thankfully, for the rest of wow, you only need to worry about me actually getting a better comp or connection, because PVPing as a paladin is not really my bag.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
Blue post I saw said that the 'cleave' will only proc from single-target abilities, so it wouldn't proc off Divine Storm, etc.
--Mav
Quote:Blue post I saw said that the 'cleave' will only proc from single-target abilities, so it wouldn't proc off Divine Storm, etc.

Yeah, they are changing it in the next PTR patch. They had to do something because It is STUPID right now.