Elite swords
I was researching swords on the bnet site and was trying to find the preferred type for a sword and shield paladin.

I looked at the elite ones and found 3 I thought were the best

Conquest Sword 37-53 Damage
4 sockets
Range 1
Fast speed

Mythical Sword 40-50 damage
3 sockets
range 2
Fast speed

and finally my favorite!

Phase Sword 31-55 Damage
6 sockets
Range 2
Indestructible
Very fast speed

I think clearly this is the best sword to go with isn't it?
with 6 runes or some perfect gems i there it has a lot of potenial.
Quote:Phase Sword 31-55 Damage

It's not 31-55. It's 31-35. That means the damage is much lower than the other elites'.

Quote:with 6 runes or some perfect gems i there it has a lot of potenial.

Not really. Non-magical weapons with just an assortment of runes and gems are practically useless. The only time you'd actually want to use a non-magical weapon is when you make a runeword out of it.
Well what I was hoping was to use 6 runes, the six types needed to make Breathe of the Dying.

But I guess there are better things out there.

adeyke,Oct 29 2005, 06:34 AM Wrote:It's not 31-55.  It's 31-35.  That means the damage is much lower than the other elites'.
Not really.  Non-magical weapons with just an assortment of runes and gems are practically useless.  The only time you'd actually want to use a non-magical weapon is when you make a runeword out of it.
[right][snapback]93515[/snapback][/right]
TheKingofKewl,Oct 29 2005, 12:32 PM Wrote:Well what I was hoping was to use 6 runes, the six types needed to make Breathe of the Dying.

But I guess there are better things out there.
[right][snapback]93547[/snapback][/right]

Breath of the Dying certainly is one of the best weapons, but you're simply never, ever going to find the necessary runes. They're just ridiculously rare. So making plans for what weapon you'll use for the BotD is a bit like thinking seriously about what colour you'd paint your multi-million-dollar mansion, in case you ever won the lottery, even though you don't play.