battle.net crashes my opera browser
Anyone else have their browser (opera 7.23 in my case) crash when going to battle.net? Apart from the page taking for ever to load, it seems to normally crash a while into loading the front page. In a few attempts, it crashes right away and once it even just terminated the opera program, not even giving the error message of it crashing.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Jarulf,Oct 8 2005, 11:12 PM Wrote:Anyone else have their browser (opera 7.23 in my case) crash when going to battle.net? Apart from the page taking for ever to load, it seems to normally crash a while into loading the front page. In a few attempts, it crashes right away and once it even just terminated the opera program, not even giving the error message of it crashing.[right][snapback]91410[/snapback][/right]

It's slow to load and really ugly, but it works fine for me (Mozilla 1.7.12). I note that they've embedded shockwave content in the main page (a really bad idea), so maybe that's what's killing Opera?
Jarulf,Oct 9 2005, 12:12 AM Wrote:Anyone else have their browser (opera 7.23 in my case) crash when going to battle.net? Apart from the page taking for ever to load, it seems to normally crash a while into loading the front page. In a few attempts, it crashes right away and once it even just terminated the opera program, not even giving the error message of it crashing.
[right][snapback]91410[/snapback][/right]
I have no problems whatsoever here with Opera 8.50, so perchance it might be a wise venture to upgrade your browser version. I know of a good few people who decided to stick with Opera 7.23 when 7.50 came out, because of some layout changes, but having migrated along with versions, I can honestly say that there is no reason to stick with 7.23 over newer versions :)
-Leshy, Pizza Lover Extraordinaire
http://www.leshy.net