anti demon / grief runeword
some of you will probably snort, but i found just recently, that the runeword
grief hasnt 340-400 % enhanced dmg, but has its dmg enhanced by 340-400
which would make it, aside from its 30% faster atacking and its ignore target defense, a absolute top onehand runeword, way better even than botd, regarding dmg...

now this runeword has also about 2% enhanced dmg per lvl to demons.
now i just want to ask, are the 340-400 included in this dmg, or does this just mean base weapon dmg?

and:
while thinking about %dmg to demons (hey, the uber bosses are demons, are they not?), i found "the vile Husk" a sword of perhaps one pg worth.
the vile husk has, aside some neglectable other stats, 160-200% ed and
7,5 % ed to demons per lvl. meaning that u would have a about 850 %ed on a sword when meeting a demon. do you think this is worth upgrading and using,
probably with laying of hands (another 350%, even if it is only base weapon dmg,
ermm, how would they work with grief?) or as a weapon for a bosseating barbmerc?
phaedi,Oct 3 2005, 06:30 PM Wrote:some of you will probably snort, but i found just recently, that the runeword
grief hasnt 340-400 % enhanced dmg, but has its dmg enhanced by 340-400
which would make it, aside from its 30% faster atacking and its ignore target defense, a absolute top onehand runeword, way better even than botd, regarding dmg...

now this runeword has also about 2% enhanced dmg per lvl to demons.
now i just want to ask, are the 340-400 included in this dmg, or does this just mean base weapon dmg?

and:
while thinking about %dmg to demons (hey, the uber bosses are demons, are they not?), i found "the vile Husk" a sword of perhaps one pg worth.
the vile husk has, aside some neglectable other stats, 160-200% ed and
7,5 % ed to demons per lvl. meaning that u would have a about 850 %ed on a sword when meeting a demon. do you think this is worth upgrading and using,
probably with laying of hands (another 350%, even if it is only base weapon dmg,
ermm, how would they work with grief?) or as a weapon for a bosseating barbmerc?
[right][snapback]90920[/snapback][/right]

How exactly did you discover this? I can't find anything relating to this type of bug with Grief on any forum that I would trust.

Anyways, my opinion on such weapons is the same regardless of whether this bug exists or not - they can be very useful, but since in normal gameplay it's difficult to predict how many demons you will be facing, boosting damage to one type of critter can be both useful and dangerous. From Adeyke's calculator, a perfect upgraded Vile Husk will have the following damage: One-Hand: 66-336 (201 avg)
Two-Hand: 246-531 (388.5 avg)

Not terrible, but not particularly great, either. Also, unless I'm mistaken, the Vile Husk has enhanced damage to undead, not demons. Anyways, the point is that while the damage to undead can get impressive, for most gameplay you'd probably be better off with a more 'normal' weapon - less damage to the undead, perhaps, but higher damage overall.

As a final note, I for one would really appreciate it if you would try to clean up your posts. A few extra minutes at least attempting to use proper punctuation would go a long way to making your post legible.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
Grief has 1.875% demon damage per clv, not 2%.

The demon/undead damage simply counts as off-weapon ED. That means X% demon/undead damage will add X% of your weapon damage to your total damage. For example, if you have a perfect Grief phase blade, it has 431-435 damage. At clvl 99, it has +185% demon damage, so your total damage will be 797-804 damage higher than what's listed, provided you're fighting a demon.