Character Upgrades
Well there I was the other night playin Diablo, looking around for some new goodies for my warrior when some guy..or girl, I didn't ask, comes into my game.
I notice the (lgt) at the end of the name. I say "what is that? Those initials at the end of your name, what does it mean?"

He responds that it means legit, no duping or hacking or cheating of any kind whatsoever. I said that was cool, and that I was the same ( I was in hell, fighting at the time, and he/she in town). Then the person tells me they wrote a guide for the game, and it was called "Jarulf's Guide". So I was a little shocked and surprised so i came to town to talk.

He/she said they were 1/2 of Jarulf and that they wanted to call it something else, I forget. Something that sounded similar and that he wanted to update it.
That was when when we showed off our items and he had some of the most cool items I have ever seen. Awesome full plate of Stars, perfect. He explained how it was perfect "Dude, gloomy shrines" :-) I thought those were temporary. Then I seen his Awesome Tower shield of the Tiger. Ac19 141% bonus I think, pretty nice. And he had a Massive long war bar of swiftness I think and Helm of Spirits, Obsedian amulet of Zodiac 35% resist all and 20 to all stats. So impressive. He had the cludgel 200% damage bonus. He also gave my warrior a Jade ring of percision so I couldn't pass that up.
And he talked about how his friend wrote the warrior's guide, and I knew that was Bolty. And said how I guess they duelled a few times, that Bolty doesn't like to duel which I figured from his site. He never said who won the fights usually but said that Bolty had the telekill mastered to an artform and was quite deadly with it and that he himself was very good with his massive swiftness and it made for some very interesting duels.
So in the end were buds, and I asked to join his guide and he said yes.

so now my character is almost like a 38 warrior with

Royal Circlet
King's Bastard sword of Speed
Awesome Gothic shield of Tiger
Awesome Full Plate
Obsedian Amulet of Stars 35% resist all, +10 to stats
Jade ring of Precision
Jade ring of Stars

this combo brings my life down from 438 to life 392
but it gets my dexterity up to 117

I still kept my Jade ring of the (I dunno, gives like 40 life)

Has anyone else ever met Jarulf?

Yes. From your description, you have not met him. You were misled -- duped and probably given some dupes as well. :)
Was there really 2 people who wrote Jarulf's guide? He said he was 1/2
And can gloomy shrines really last past the level you are on?

He had a whole whack of legit looking stuff but maybe he pulled it from files I dunno. The only perfet item was the full plate.

Now I don't even know if the ring he gave me was real. :mellow: :unsure:
Quote:Was there really 2 people who wrote Jarulf's guide?

Nope, that's why it's not called Jarulf and Egbert's Guide to Diablo.

Quote:And can gloomy shrines really last past the level you are on?

The effects of the Gloomy Shrine only apply to the game in which the Shrine was used. Also, Gloomy Shrines can only be found in Single Player.

Quote:Now I don't even know if the ring he gave me was real

It's undoubtedly 'real', it's also undoubtedly a duped item.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
nope you were duped. the perfect awe stars has been a standard dupe of the bra-1 channel wannabes (though i haven't seen many of them recently)
and an awe tiger sheild is by far NOT even remotly the best for a warrior.

the best warr set up (for playing not dueling and in my opinion) is:
awe fpm stars, emmy tiger sheild, rc, ksoh and v(ksov for after level 42 or so, till then use a haste item even if its masters over a ksov) 1 jade or obs/zod jewl (enough to max resists with your emmy tiger) and 2 dragon/zods

now as to dueling. thats a matter of taste. some want strange sword of haste, some want sparking mail(they learn very quickly that thats a bad idea) and so forth. but i'm not a dueler (at least not a warrior dueler).
i hope this helps ya.

now if you want to know how to build a tank mage. then just ask
Well I kinda thought something might be up. He kept saying "dude" and I didn't picture Jarulf as some kind of surfer dude =)

And from the start the gloomy shrine thing sounded a suspicous. However his knowledge of bolty and his tactics was interesting as well as him knowing that bolty is pretty young and he said that bolty wrote it when he was 17 and that he is around 21 now. I think he's older then that, but curious.

anyway since he's a fake you guys can find him for curiousity if you want for laughs :)

Condedelis(lgt)

The only reason I didn't say the online name at first was cause I considered he might be real, and that he might not want everyone to know it. But you guys have proved that suspicion wrong.

But what is it with saying you can't find obsedian/zodiac till level 35 and only till character level 42. Is there any proof of this claim?

He also said to find an Awesome full plate of stars on Hell/Hell doing Laz Runs. I really want an Awesome stars can I get it this way and is it my best bet?
thanks

Lunan,Oct 3 2005, 01:58 AM Wrote:nope you were duped. the perfect awe stars has been a standard dupe of the bra-1 channel wannabes (though i haven't seen many of them recently)
and an awe tiger sheild is by far NOT even remotly the best for a warrior.

the best warr set up (for playing not dueling and in my opinion) is:
awe fpm stars, emmy tiger sheild, rc, ksoh and v(ksov for after level 42 or so, till then use a haste item even if its masters over a ksov) 1 jade or obs/zod jewl (enough to max resists with your emmy tiger) and 2 dragon/zods

now as to dueling. thats a matter of taste. some want strange sword of haste, some want sparking mail(they learn very quickly that thats a bad idea) and so forth. but i'm not a dueler (at least not a warrior dueler).
i hope this helps ya.

now if you want to know how to build a tank mage. then just ask
[right][snapback]90793[/snapback][/right]
Quote:But what is it with saying you can't find obsedian/zodiac till level 35 and only till character level 42. Is there any proof of this claim?

If you're talking about finding them in the dungeon, then character level is irrelevent as drops are based on the monster's level.

However, in Single Player, Griswold can sell jewelery and this is based on clvl. An Obs/Zod ring would be purchasable by characters who are level 24-50 (note - I didn't bother checking if the cost of an Obs/Zod would put it over Gris' price cap).

Quote:He also said to find an Awesome full plate of stars on Hell/Hell doing Laz Runs. I really want an Awesome stars can I get it this way and is it my best bet?

An awesome full plate of the stars is just as findable in Normal/Hell as it is in Hell/Hell. So doing multiple Laz runs in Normal mode would be your best bet.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
king you need to come over to the east server. where the majority of legits play. they tend to gather in channel diable le. a core group of about 20 with up to 60 odd diffrent people coming and going.
the west is desolate
TheKingofKewl,Oct 2 2005, 09:52 PM Wrote:Has anyone else ever met Jarulf?
[right][snapback]90775[/snapback][/right]

Whoever you met, it was not me. I don't think I have played the game for years, at least not on battle.net. The guide is written by only myself, although I have had a lot of help, input and comments by many others, all listed in the guide by the way.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Thanks Jarulf for stopping by. I was quite confident by this point it was not you but you confirming it yourself is the concreate evidence.

Where can else Diablo one be played?

I thought it was a little too cool to be talking to Jarulf himself in Diablo :unsure:
And then this guy talked about having to leave to babysit. And he must have read alot in your guide to know certain things he talked about but not enough cause he screwed up with some details.

oh well

Jarulf,Oct 4 2005, 03:41 PM Wrote:Whoever you met, it was not me. I don't think I have played the game for years, at least not on battle.net. The guide is written by only myself, although I have had a lot of help, input and comments by many others, all listed in the guide by the way.
[right][snapback]90994[/snapback][/right]
hi Lunan. I do play in East actually. My character is level 38 now, both my warrior and my mage.

I am part of owned guilde though I want out. My guilde leader is hardly ever around and wanted me to dupe my items. I did not want my hard earned things just another thing swapped around so I politley declined. I said I regret that I ever learned to dupe by someone and that I will never do it again, that I was sorry and the whole honest and no fun in not playing by the rules bit. He didn't like that but I feel good in my decision.

I want out of my guilde. all they do is duel when they are around and I only joined cause I was asked a few times. I have done what I could on diablo 1 to bring those that I could from cheating to a legit path. Few have done so but I feel good for those that I have converted. And I have convinved a few friends I have made to get D2 and play with me there.

or am I on east i dunno anymore :)
i think im on west

Lunan,Oct 4 2005, 03:10 AM Wrote:king you need to come over to the east server. where the majority of legits play. they tend to gather in channel diable le. a core group of about 20 with up to 60 odd diffrent people coming and going.
the west is desolate
[right][snapback]90946[/snapback][/right]
Lunan whats your online name at East?

Lunan,Oct 4 2005, 03:10 AM Wrote:king you need to come over to the east server. where the majority of legits play. they tend to gather in channel diable le. a core group of about 20 with up to 60 odd diffrent people coming and going.
the west is desolate
[right][snapback]90946[/snapback][/right]
Quote:It's undoubtedly 'real', it's also undoubtedly a duped item.

I would seriously doubt it is a duped item. Anyone bothering with perfect Awe/Stars FPM wouldn't waste their time with useless jade/precision jewels. Nothing short of Obsidian/suffix would get passed around as dupes.

KingofKewl: As for finding an awesome plate for yourself, you will need to look in hell. Unique monsters are your best bet, so Laz runs are pretty good. But, your ABSOLUTE best chance to get one is on armor racks in Hell. The odds of getting one off of a rack is nearly 15 times better than from Laz! For that reason, always ALWAYS teleport around level 15 when doing Laz runs to find any racks on that level. Perfect Saintly FPM's with a suffix can be purchased at griswold too, and with good stats they can be very good plates (I once bought a perfect saintly/precision).
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
ahh that is most grande :) I shall conduct a search this way, always checking the armor stands on level 15. And checking griswold. A saintly full plate or awesome with suffix will hopefully pop up.

the Langolier,Oct 6 2005, 11:50 PM Wrote:I would seriously doubt it is a duped item.  Anyone bothering with perfect Awe/Stars FPM wouldn't waste their time with useless jade/precision jewels.  Nothing short of Obsidian/suffix would get passed around as dupes.

KingofKewl:  As for finding an awesome plate for yourself, you will need to look in hell.  Unique monsters are your best bet, so Laz runs are pretty good.  But, your ABSOLUTE best chance to get one is on armor racks in Hell.  The odds of getting one off of a rack is nearly 15 times better than from Laz!  For that reason, always ALWAYS teleport around level 15 when doing Laz runs to find any racks on that level.  Perfect Saintly FPM's with a suffix can be purchased at griswold too, and with good stats they can be very good plates (I once bought a perfect saintly/precision).
[right][snapback]91276[/snapback][/right]