EoL Stats converting from v1.06 to v1.07
Greetings!

I've just converted my Classic Diablo II (D2C) character from v1.06 to, and upgraded it to v1.07 D2X, Single Player (play only on my own computer).

However, I'm shocked to find that my unique Eye of Elitch's stats have drastically changed during the conversion from v1.06 to v1.07:

v1.06 Classic Diablo II (D2C):
Unique Eye of Elitch:
11.5 seconds of chill in Normal difficulty

v1.07 Expansion Diablo II (D2X):
Unique Eye of Elitch:
6.0 seconds of chill in Normal difficulty

Have anyone experenced this problem while upgrading his character/items especially the Unique Eye of Elitch?
I really don't know much about pre-1.07 D2. The expansion just fundamentally changed a whole lot of things.

It looks like the Eye had 50-300 frames chill from 1.00 to 1.06. From 1.07 onwards, it's just 50-250 frames. 1.07 also made it so no single item can have more than 255 frames of chill. Only 8 bits are used to store this information, so you really can't go over. Since your old Eye had a chill duration outside of this range, it couldn't be preserved.
adeyke,Aug 31 2005, 09:06 AM Wrote:It looks like the Eye had 50-300 frames chill from 1.00 to 1.06.  From 1.07 onwards, it's just 50-250 frames.  1.07 also made it so no single item can have more than 255 frames of chill.  Only 8 bits are used to store this information, so you really can't go over.  Since your old Eye had a chill duration outside of this range, it couldn't be preserved.
[right][snapback]87735[/snapback][/right]

Tks for your very quick reply!

For the record (if there are anyone else interested in converting from D2C v1.06 to D2X v1.07:

a) I gambed another 8 second chill Eye of Elich in v1.06, converted it to v1.07 and the chill time seems to be reset ramdonly, mostly to around 4 seconds chill.

B) I happened to have a backup of my previously quoted 11.5 second chill Eye of Elich, did further v1.06 ==> v1.07 converts, and there seems to be a random amount of Chill Time for the converted Eye of Elich. Mostly around 4 seconds chill, and after trying many times had a approx 6 seconds chill time.
Seems like some kind of randomizing effect here...