Mr. Obama
Quote:Hi,
All other issues aside, this is indubitably true. One cannot have a low enough opinion of the organization that invented the circular firing squad. :D

-Pete

They were just trying to mimic the westward settlers...they just forgot that when you circle the wagons you fire outward, not inwards... :whistling:
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Quote:Hi,
The point is that to be president, it is not sufficient to be a citizen. From Article II, Section 1 of the US Constitution: No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President;.

The natural born phrase has some controversy attached to it. If you look about half way down the linked article, you'll see a brief discussion of some of the ramifications. As confusing as some of the cited cases are, it becomes even more confusing if only one parent is a US citizen.

At the very least, if there was any truth to the claim, it would do a great job of being another senseless distraction to the president, offering no value to anyone except a group of people who put their petty prejudices and politics ahead of the welfare of the nation. They, no matter where they were born, are the true aliens, and traitors to our culture and customs.

--Pete

Natural Born includes US Territories extending to military bases and, I would surmise, embasies (so long as you were born inside the grounds of the embasy and not a local hospital where the embasy was located). If that were not the case, then McCain could not have run as he was born in the canal zone in Panama.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Quote:Natural Born includes US Territories extending to military bases and, I would surmise, embasies (so long as you were born inside the grounds of the embasy and not a local hospital where the embasy was located). If that were not the case, then McCain could not have run as he was born in the canal zone in Panama.

No worries, dear Americans, all this is going to get cleaned up in preparation for president Schwarzenegger. Be afwaid!:P

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Quote:Oh now I GOTTA read about this. Link?
Try this one in the WSJ.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:Try this one in the WSJ.
Do you have a link to something other than an opinion piece?
Quote:Do you have a link to something other than an opinion piece?
You mean you want a reporters opinion? How about NPR? There piece makes it actually uglier, since Alice Palmer was a mentor who helped elevate Obama. He stabbed her in the back politically, such that even Machiavelli flinched.

And I love the media's dance of prose; "It was a test, a Darwinian dilemma. In order to fulfill his own ambitions, Obama would have to kill his friend's political career." You know like those Darwinian tests at the work place, when you really need some help and ask a friend to help out, then your "friend" uses that information to get promoted and has you tossed off the project.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Quote:You mean you want a reporters opinion?

No, I already said I don't want an opinion article. Just a factual rundown of the events.

Hell, I'll just Google it if that's too much to ask.
Quote:No, I already said I don't want an opinion article. Just a factual rundown of the events.
There is no such thing anymore, not even on Wikipedia. What you read is flavored by someone's opinion, even if it is just sweetened or soured enough to put a slight spin on it.

The facts are simple, Obama's campaign volunteer aids (Acorn activists mostly) sifted through all of his democratic challengers petition signatures until only Obama was left on the ballot. On election day, there was one name on the ballot. That is democracy for you.

There was no republican challenger that year (some other Chicago scandal late in their campaign).