SR: Avarice!
anadrol,Aug 30 2005, 08:39 PM Wrote:With this alliance sealed we will have the depth to be able to attempt bwl, but our break and butter will be MC and onyxia for awhile.  I think that once we can clear out MC and onyx within the week and have nothing to do then BWL will rear its head into our rotation, that probably means getting MC down to a 2 day run if possible eventually.  The key to that is simply farming it enough to gear everyone out.  Should take a few weeks depending on how many bosses go down each time.  I am very excited about the patient folks who havn't cashed in yet finally getting some loot!, with more bosses and onyxia going down weekly this should start to speed up now, specially with the amount of folks that were able to loot up this week, grats all!
[right][snapback]87651[/snapback][/right]

Well, take MJ for example. We (they / us / those / whoever) have gotten a good routine on farming everything before Rag-oh-noes.
Heres how the Friday runs usually go.
Enter MC, charge the way up to the bridge.
Rapid pulling up to Lucifron. Waste the dogs + Lucy.
There is little paus between the first pack and luci so we have decent time on Mag.
Kill Mag (usually 1st go) and everyone strip and do naked death run and zone back in.
Powerrush to Gehennas, clearing left side (everything) then clearing so we have wide area to move in. Gehennas is pwned in regular fashion. Tank gear drops, everyone sobs.
Garr is moved in on and is also destroyed after we yawn our way through the fight. *grin*
After this, its usually 1-2 lava pack pulls and Geddon is up. We have the routine down now as everyone done it alot before so very rarely any wipes here. Tank always gets the bomb 1273612 times to mess with our healers :)
Shazrah is pulled after another lavapack fight and wreaks havoc on our raid. The curse + aoe = hurt. We usually win on 1st go though. This means we have killed 6 bosses 1st day.
Time? 5 hours-ish.
Saturday, we power through unto Sulfuron and Golemagg. Sulfuron is simple with 4 offanks and 1 MT on the baddie. Golemagg easiest boss fight int he core. 1MT and 2 offtanks that hold the dogs locked but alive.
Majordomo took some time for us to learn. But we usually take him on 1st/2nd try.

There you go!

Fun for everyone.
[Image: 104024yQmrG.png][Image: 201194cOrXg.png]
Alrin,Aug 30 2005, 03:47 PM Wrote:Well, take MJ for example. We (they / us / those / whoever) have gotten a good routine on farming everything before Rag-oh-noes.
Heres how the Friday runs usually go.
Enter MC, charge the way up to the bridge.
Rapid pulling up to Lucifron. Waste the dogs + Lucy.
There is little paus between the first pack and luci so we have decent time on Mag.
Kill Mag (usually 1st go) and everyone strip and do naked death run and zone back in.
Powerrush to Gehennas, clearing left side (everything) then clearing so we have wide area to move in. Gehennas is pwned in regular fashion. Tank gear drops, everyone sobs.
Garr is moved in on and is also destroyed after we yawn our way through the fight. *grin*
After this, its usually 1-2 lava pack pulls and Geddon is up. We have the routine down now as everyone done it alot before so very rarely any wipes here. Tank always gets the bomb 1273612 times to mess with our healers :)
Shazrah is pulled after another lavapack fight and wreaks havoc on our raid. The curse + aoe = hurt. We usually win on 1st go though. This means we have killed 6 bosses 1st day.
Time? 5 hours-ish.
Saturday, we power through unto Sulfuron and Golemagg. Sulfuron is simple with 4 offanks and 1 MT on the baddie. Golemagg easiest boss fight int he core. 1MT and 2 offtanks that hold the dogs locked but alive.
Majordomo took some time for us to learn. But we usually take him on 1st/2nd try.

There you go!

Fun for everyone.
[right][snapback]87675[/snapback][/right]
Sounds good but every new mob presents a learning curve, once we defeat them all i think we can move that fast. For now we will just have to enjoy taking on new challenges. We are a few months back from MJ but i feel like we are making good progress and may get there soon enough
anadrol,Aug 30 2005, 09:56 PM Wrote:Sounds good but every new mob presents a learning curve, once we defeat them all i think we can move that fast.  For now we will just have to enjoy taking on new challenges.  We are a few months back from MJ but i feel like we are making good progress and may get there soon enough
[right][snapback]87678[/snapback][/right]

Oh definately. I was just illustrating how fast a guild/group/raid can push MC when they are experienced with the boss fights & lava pulls.
We are (if this is interesting) ahead of the MJ learning curve on the fights. It helps that we are a tight group and have people who have done most of MC before as well.

We will rock this place.
[Image: 104024yQmrG.png][Image: 201194cOrXg.png]
Welcome Basin!

Also, since we will now be more than capable of filling out a raid, I would like to place Lochnar's name on the signup on all scheduled Avarice raids for perpetuity. :lol:
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
It's the end of the month, and in real estate that translates into busy and no time to read at the office, which is where I mostly check LL from on "normal" days.

This affiliation with our Basiners has warmed my heart. I've become fond of many of their members who've been raiding with us regularly.

This is a huge step forward for Avarice and I hope that it will bear fruit, not only on our raids, but in regular instance play.

Right now Lurkers has a lack of characters in their early 50s. This is hampering some of our members from progressing through their instances, especially if their preference is to do the instances with characters of their own level.

I'm hopeful that the Avarice channel will provide a larger field of players with characters that are level appropriate from which to draw. That would create a situation of deeper integration between the guilds. Nothing like slugging it out in 5 man team play to cement friendships.

I also want to urge members of Avarice not to forget that, while we all enjoy our raids, there are other players whose characters are on the way up, who won't be able to join us, if we don't all give a care for their development. So go ahead and reach out a hand if you can to those who need to get into Maraudon, Sunken Temple and BRD. Our participation there will lead to better raids with more classes to choose from.

Go Avarice!

[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Alrin,Aug 30 2005, 04:27 PM Wrote:Oh definately. I was just illustrating how fast a guild/group/raid can push MC when they are experienced with the boss fights & lava pulls.
We are (if this is interesting) ahead of the MJ learning curve on the fights. It helps that we are a tight group and have people who have done most of MC before as well.

We will rock this place.
[right][snapback]87685[/snapback][/right]

Thats good to hear, i'm very excited!
Sabra,Aug 31 2005, 06:21 AM Wrote:So go ahead and reach out a hand if you can to those who need to get into Maraudon, Sunken Temple and BRD.
[right][snapback]87738[/snapback][/right]
Of course, I'm willing to run Lochnar to help with any group, as long as other scheduled runs and RL make it possible. Of note also, there should be lots of mages willing to run Sunken Temple once the new patch hits. There is a new three part mage quest, culminating in Sunken Temple, that yields a choice of nice neck pieces.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Great news! Congratulations to all involved.
TPJ • Founder, The Amazon Basin