New SKins
Bolty,Aug 18 2005, 09:38 PM Wrote:While the original post isn't worth responding to - Pete, what would you think of a forum skin based on the main page's look?

It would certainly be more readable than this, I suppose.  If skinning an Invision Board forum didn't take 20 hours to do, I'd have done it a long time ago.

-Bolty
[right][snapback]86554[/snapback][/right]
I was shown a few posts on the monitor and eyes by a friend of mine. I learned a lot from those articles. The main source of strain on the eye is the surrounding light in the room and backround. The light in the room should be natural, just as the light of the monitor. To provide natural light in the room you use certain lamps, and to provide natural background for let's say forums, you take leather colored background, since ppl used to write on paper made of skin since ages. In toher words, i love you main page Bolty, because it gives me a feel of nostalgy :)
Lady Vashj,Sep 16 2005, 08:28 PM Wrote:Wood!  I love wood!
[right][snapback]89477[/snapback][/right]

That would make you popular with the local lads, methinks.

Occhi

Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
YoCard,Aug 18 2005, 06:54 PM Wrote:Everybody loves new skins.
[right][snapback]86520[/snapback][/right]
I consider skinning one of the best professions in wow, sorry, concentrated on wow quite a bit :)
But if we literally speak of forum software and other kind of software, skin color is the best, it looks like pergament, paper. Very relaxinbg for eyes. If i were Bolty, i'd work hard to upgrade forums once again, but Bolty must be really busy lately, so it's no rush :)